Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have a 2004 mazda6 s non-bose system. I was thinking about either getting a new headunit with the metra kit or finding another way to set up an aux cord hookup. But the radio that came with the car has a slot where a tape player would go but the owner before me didn't get it. Is there anyway i could hook up a tape player with that so I could play my zune. (I dont actually want to play tapes)

Either way im sick of cds and if anyone else has a better idea im all ears.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could use something like this: AUX. I have one and I picked up a headphone jack and cable and drilled a hole and mounted everything up so I could have an AUX input right by the cigarette lighter. I can post a picture in the morning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know about this post... in my case, I bought the GROM for the iPod connector, but I added the AUX just since the connection was on the GROM anyway. As for the OP, they said they do not have the Bose system... the post you linked says it is for the Bose system.

·
Registered
141 Posts
and the cheapy setup is only for 06-08

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait so now im confused. Does this setup work with my '04 non-bose? And is it true that if I was to get the GROM that I would need to do some extra wiring because I have an '04?

it says this on the website:

Mazda 6 03-08 (*, 04 requires change on the radio)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts