Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Alpine sub and amp that I had installed in my blazer from back in 2004.. I was curious about adding it to my new 2014 mazda 6. is it worth the trouble of getting the car wired for it? I've never really looked at adding an aftermarket sub & amp into a stock head unit. I don't know if it's even possible. Thanks for the feedback in advance :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I added a Line converter,Sub,aftermarket front speakers, and an amp.

You can find cheaper ones but these Line converters produce very clean sound;

AudioControl LC2i 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system at Crutchfield.com

I've decided to let the factory head unit power all of the full range speakers for the time being, and so only the rear channel's high level signals were spliced into to feed the line converter. There is a separate set of RCA line level outs on this LC2i if I want to add an additional amplifier for full range speakers later on.

Rear driver side seat folded down;

Closer view;

The Cat-5 cable you see plugged into the side of the line converter runs up to a level control knob I have mounted underneath my steering wheel/underside of dashboard. This allows me to adjust the bass amplification for each song as I see fit quickly and easily.

As far as the front speaker replacement goes, the stock speaker/mount can be easily modified (read;destroyed) to become a great mounting structure for the speakers of your choice. In the case of separates, there is a perfect spot underneath the dash grills for putting in aftermarket tweeters. I found the factory crossovers to be adequate (which further simplifies installation) and left the crossover units included with my replacement speakers out.

I have discussed and posted pictures of this here;
http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda6-atenza/260336-2014-6-info-share.html#post3511429

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where did you tap in for a signal good enough to get full range from. I want to just add a sub only and need a full range location to tap into at so non of my input signals are missing low freqs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is a thread around here that has a full install of a non-bose, this full write up was very easy to follow, took no more then an hour to install and like @Vance Kromo said it is well worth it, i dont think there is a need to add any aftermarket door speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
chrisrich
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing