Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in adding 40 hsp to my (6)? Does anybody know the name of the computer chip and where I can get them. I have a automatic 4cylinder mazda 6. :cheers

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Adding 40 Horses?

A. the Madza6 ECU can not be "Chipped"
B. No "Chip" could give the 6i 40HP. (or any NA 4cyl)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Buy a V6 to begin with. It is smoother, quieter, and you even get a spare 20HP thrown in too. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Adding 40 Horses?'

Originally posted by redrum151

what can i do to make my 160 hsp mazda 6 into 200 hsp?[/b]
Low boost turbo.

Bug these people. Flying Miata They are just starting to produce a 6psi kit for the Protege that I would think would be able to be adapted to the 6.

·
Registered
791 Posts

I too am hoping to get a little more juice from the 4cyl engine, but think the cost of a turbo puts it out of my league. For $3000, I'd rather get a beater Miata or MR2. It wouldn't be faster, but it'd sure be fun.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

There is no way to get 40 WHP for a I-4 using NA bolt on parts. Well, I suppose its possible, but the ammount of money you would spend would be more than a turbo. You'd be better off getting a 6i manual, as the acceleration diff is quite noticable. I'm assuming you've bought your 6 already, so selling it back would obviously be difficult. Other good mods that are underrated, but help with performance:
1. Tires (the most important mod you can buy)
2. Stout aftermarket torque converter (if they make one)
3. For the I-4, an intake will prolly be helpful.

Moding a auto car is taking an already uphill fight and making it 15%-20% harder, wish there was a simple solution for ya.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I might just end up with an intake or something ... just trying to get some helpdfull ideas from the mazda family

·
Registered
269 Posts

Actually the RSX folks are getting HUGE gains on the type S ...with a computer flash, Intake, Header, and Exhaust they are getting 40+ WHP gains. Surf around Club RSX if you don't believe me... :)

Jon

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by Jonnyspeed6s

Actually the RSX folks are getting HUGE gains on the type S ...with a computer flash, Intake, Header, and Exhaust they are getting 40+ WHP gains.  Surf around Club RSX if you don't believe me... :)

Jon[/b]
yes, but they are doing it with a manual tranny, and a mod chip, which I seriously doubt will be available for the 6. Hondata spent over a year developing that chip, and they did it b/c the market for integra/RSX is huge. I wish we were as lucky. Getting 40 HP with I/H/E, a chip, wheels, flywheel and Cams is possible for a RSX, but look at the cost of that.

·
Registered
37 Posts

If you want cheap 40hp.... add some juice to it. It'll handle a 40shot without changing a thing..... This is the cheapest, quickest, easiest way to obtain 40hp's

·
Registered
577 Posts

When my wife and I take delivery of our personal Mazda6i, then we will be able to see what we can get out of the 2.3L engine with NA mods....

Considering the cylinder head can flow so much air (stock); a set of higher lift, longer duration cams will really show big gains. Combine that with intake, header, exhaust, and computer programmer, and you have some darn good gains.

We will be working with an established aftermarket computer tuner to get a product out for the Mazda6 as soon as possible. But i dont expect to see anything from them until well after summer time if not closer to the end of the year.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Adding 40 Horses?'

"Good things come to those who wait."

Patience, people with new model cars need to have some patience.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by DuratecPerformance

When my wife and I take delivery of our personal Mazda6i, then we will be able to see what we can get out of the 2.3L engine with NA mods....

Considering the cylinder head can flow so much air (stock); a set of higher lift, longer duration cams will really show big gains.  Combine that with intake, header, exhaust, and computer programmer, and you have some darn good gains.

We will be working with an established aftermarket computer tuner to get a product out for the Mazda6 as soon as possible.  But i dont expect to see anything from them until well after summer time if not closer to the end of the year.

Nikolas[/b]

This is great news for the many 6i owners, since Nikolas will have the ability to do all kinds of R&D (assuming your wife lets you have the car) :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Adding 40 Horses?'

That'll be neat. I'm also getting the Inline 4. But other than an HID kit and some possible tint, depending on the heat from the sun and how the glass and interior handle it, I will be doing no other mods this year. Next summer will be ideal and it seems like you'll have a few ideas by that time.

·
Registered
577 Posts

This is great news for the many 6i owners, since Nikolas will have the ability to do all kinds of R&D (assuming your wife lets you have the car)[/b]
To say that my wife is the coolest chick on the planet would be an understatement....

She is the one giving me deadlines for when mods will be done to it..

"okay, we need the springs installed right after we buy it. We need to get some rims, and a body kit. Oh, and I want a turbo for it too..."

She is so funny!!!!

But yes, we will use the car to develop a very wide range of parts...we will start off on the Natural Aspiration mods first (Intake, cams, head, headers, exhaust, etc.).. then once we complete that, move on to a nice turbo......

We placed the order for the car this week, and we should be taking delivery of it sometime in May......

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 34 Posts