Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Miata and the 6 shift knobs have the same threads. I know from experience that many of the aftermarket shift knobs can be a problem getting them to stay tight.

This could solve the problem.

TightFit MOMO Miata Adapter

Now there is a way to properly install your MOMO shift knob to your Miata for a tight and solid feel!

While the standard set screws can work, they leave a small gap between the knob and the boot, and often, the knob doesn't feel as secure at all.

Well a fellow Miata owner has come up with the solution! Exclusively at GoMiata, the TightFit MOMO Miata Adapter is a threaded aluminum sleeve that screws on to your Miata's shift lever. The knob then mounts to the sleeve! The end result leaves the knob positioned correctly and leaves no gap between the knob and boot (i.e. no part of the stick is left exposed). The adapter stays tight and knob retains a firm feel.

Makes a HUGE difference with your MOMO knob.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reading Topic: Adapter for MOMO Shit Knobs

is there anywhere i can order that for international. do americans think only they exist in this flat world :p

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Why not drop them an E-mail. They say they do not process International Orders, but it's not like it's the size of a sway bar.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Actually, one of the apadters in the MOMO package is a perfect fit. My MOMO didn't even budge. You may want to hold off on buying this, as it really isn't needed.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Adapter for MOMO Shit Knobs'

Originally posted by ZSilver6

I have a MOMO knob and boot in my 6 and it works fine. Nice look and good match to leather interior. Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/zsilver6

good luck.[/b]
That's cool.

Please put your location in your profile.

·
Registered
619 Posts

First, remove the shift knob by unscrewing it. The next few steps would help to look at some pictures. Scorpion6 posted some great pics for these steps so do a search and reference those to remove the center console.

Open the cup holder door. Stick a finger between the door and the holder at the front right corner of the cup holder. Gently pull up on that corner and the panel will start to come off. Pull the cup holder section up until you can reach under the front of it. There are 2 clips that connect the cup holder section to the shifter section. Reach under and disconnect the sections. You can then pull up the shifter section and remove the ashtray light (use needle nose pliers) and the lighter plug. The whole thing will then come off. The boot is attached with 4 screws.

Its very easy to do all of this so dont be intimidated. Find those pics from Scorpion6 (may be on the mazda6forums.com site) they help alot.

good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts

here's an easier solution... buy a momo shift boot, the momo performance shift boot

it's threaded to screw into your momo shifter

it's pretty easy to mount instead of the existing shift boot

I just installed a new shifter and boot (pics coming when i get off my lazy ass - don't yell!)

·
Registered
20 Posts

did i mention it's nice leather too??? feels much better than the plasticy thing mazda calls leather

1 - 13 of 13 Posts