Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Acura TSX will be based on the Euro Accord I am seriously considering it. I think that the interior is much more refined than 6.

Only a test drive of the Acura TSX will tell me how good it is.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Acura TSX'

The Accord/Acura TSX looks very nice, but isn't very original (Mazda6 front, last Camry rear, BMW 7-series side...). But I really think it will be a great car

Really smart of Honda/Acura to have 2 Accords in America!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That's a nice pic. Although every part of it seems stolen...

I can tell you though it won't look this way in production. The angles of the sides leaning toward the car's centre are to steep. Can't have it that way for safety reasons. Also: I don't think management will accept the rip-off from Mazda as the headlights appear to be.

It may be a nice looking car, though, I'm sure. But it's still no 6...:D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Actually I think the headlights are very identical to those on the Accord. It doesn't make the look less MAzda6-copy but I think the look MORE like the original Accord. Don't really get the idea of the lights.. They have a sporty twist and are narrow, but they don't lean enough backwards. The look totaly flat :D Like a Volvo 740 :D

Now when you say it! That's why the cars on paper looks much nicer then the production model - it's the angle from the midline up to the roof. This car looks awesome, but I'm afraid the end product will look lika a kit'ed Accord... :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I like the turn signals on the mirrors and that it will have HID lights.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, Blackbird, that's why. In order to have that side angle, you would have to allow the head to almost touch the side window.

Euro NCAP wouldn't touch the car, even...:sarc

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

guys guys, it is only a drawing! The Mazda6 drawings also had those doors that don't seem to work in real-life. And.....the European Accord looks exacly the same, so everything will be right

Actually to me that makes four Accords: The Accord, RL, TL, and now the TSX[/b]
You're weird!

RL (competitors: BMW 7-series, Audi A8, Mercedes S-klasse, Lexus LS430)

TL (competitors: BMW 5-series, Audi A6, Mercedes E-klasse, Lexus GS430)

TSX (competitors: BMW 3-series, Audi A4, Mercedes C-klasse, Lexus IS300)

The TSX is the European Accord, and Honda Europe puts the Accord above the Mazda6, Laguna, Mondeo etc (they said it their self!). And.....Acura is the luxery brand of Honda, so it all falls in place :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts