Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy Xtec HID and want to mach the TL temp color... what are they?? 5000k , 6000K or 7000K??
thank!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
... they are rated at 4100K-4300K, and if u r getting the xtec, 5000K is the lowest they have...

and i dont know why u want TL's color?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think he might mean the older TL HID's, the Gen right before the current one that's blueish tint to it, because they're a little older the HID's rise in temp color as they get older, but I have 6000k and u can see it in my cardomaine, if u want a PURE white get 5000k and 6000k is white with a hint of blue to it on the ground when warmed up.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
prev gen TL uses D2R bulbs (reflector-based)... and i m not sure why u want that blue bulb.... but if u want them for looks, get the 6000K xtec kit....

yes indeed, HID bulbs tends to colorshift after ~200 hours or so, and max lifespan at 2000hours ...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
mine are blue, almost too blue. mine are 6000K. if you are seeing me driving down the road you see blue, almost purple. looking on the street there is defenitely white.

if i had to do it again, i would have chosen the 5000K bulbs instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing