Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I'm in the right section, but anyway I bought the accolade mesh grill awhile ago and the tabs that secure the mesh onto the grill have been falling off since I bought it. I emailed accolade to see if they have any ideas to fix it but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas. The insert is metal and grill is abs plastic and I have absolutely no idea how to secure the mesh back onto it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hopefully I'm in the right section, but anyway I bought the accolade mesh grill awhile ago and the tabs that secure the mesh onto the grill have been falling off since I bought it. I emailed accolade to see if they have any ideas to fix it but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas. The insert is metal and grill is abs plastic and I have absolutely no idea how to secure the mesh back onto it. Thanks guys.
[/b]
At first I made my own hardened paper tabs and that lasted about 3 days.
Then I sanded the area in side the grill, cut and placed heavy duty double sided 3M tape around the opening on the inside of the grill. Then I worked the mesh back on to it by pressing it securely around. It has been 4 months and no issues at all to include many drives in the rain, through car washes and at some pretty good speeds. Good luck, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I appreciate the help I'm going to try that out today and this sounds really good because I was looking for some way for the fix to not be noticable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts