·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to replace?...

·
Registered
219 Posts
it should take you about 30 minutes to do!! You might want to have second person to help with the final pulley but all it is is loosen the tensioner pull the belt off and then re route the new belt and leave the powersteering pulley as the last pulley and once you loosen the tensioner again to allow the belt to go on then you just pull it over that pulley are you done!! MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROUTING OF THE BELT this is a sepentine belt!!!! It is like a maze of you done get it right. If you mess it up dont worry just let me know and i will tell you. Also make sure that you get a speed6 specific belt as the CX7 belt is shorter!!! dont ask how i know!!!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charles, def planning to do this soon. I also think one of the pulleys are wobbling, fuk... that I think is another story... can you tell me what sockets are they?...

·
Registered
219 Posts
You will need a 14mm wrench preferably a LONG wrench as long as you can get it as the tension on the tensioner is pretty strong. If you can get a ratchet in there with a 14mm attached great. Just go from under the car and attach the wrench to the tensioner and then puch til it is fully which is when it stops and then at this point you have someone take the belt off from the powersteering pump or if you are by yourself slide it off one of those pulleys that doesn't have any ribs on it like the water pump pulley.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charles thanks again, but I think the problem is the pulley and not the belt. I have this noise coming from the engine and I know this cause when I spray silicone spray on the belt or any of the pulleys, the noise goes away. And yesterday I was looking deep in there and I saw this pulley http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3922/941/22302970007_large.jpg
next to the alternator and just above the crank pulley wobbling a bit. At first I thought it was the power steering pump, cause I saw some leaking but it somehow fixed itself. Then I thought it was my belt, cause when I spray silicone spray on it, the noise goes away.

Can this be done on top of the car?, im doing this by myself and outside my Bk apt neighborhood lol...

·
Registered
60 Posts
You wont be able to do it from the top of the car. Your def. gonna have to take off the wheel to get to the tensioner pulley and I agree with charles, its best if you have another person helping you out

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well i have done it from the top but it would be best for me to show you then to tell you. Plus you will need a very strong and long arm to reach down to the tensioner. Also that pulley that is just to the right below the ALT. in that picture is just a pulley that is bolted to the block. Your powersteering is the pulley to the upper right corner of the picture. The tensioner is the pulley just below the ALT. about 2".

·
Registered
265 Posts
I actually need to do this myself soon because there is a chunk missing from my belt. Any recommendations on the type of belt I should buy, or just stay w/ OEM??

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charles, im talking about the idler pulley, its wobbling. Yah I can do this, I have worked on many cars before. Its gonna be hard but its do-able... Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done and replaced the pulley but the belt is PITA. It keeps curling on me, Im gonna buy a new belt, might as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts