Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm thinking of ordering either a G-tech Pro or a Beltronics Vector Accelerometer and I can't make up my mind which one is better. I understand there are some functions that don't work properly on the Gtech when it's used on the Mazdaspeed 6, is that correct and what doesn't work. I also read the Gtech Pro SS model is supposed to be more accurate than the RR model from some test information I read on the net. It sounds like either the FX1 or the FX2 models of the Beltronics are both equally accurate, so if I go with the Beltronics I'd go with the FX2 because of it's download capabilities. Then again, I like the Horsepower, Torque, RPM and shift point information of the Gtech, at least I think those are good options to have included on the unit, if they work properly, that I don't think the Beltronics units have.

See what I mean..............Help!!!!!!!

If you guys/gals who have the different units could guide me a bit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I'm thinking of ordering either a G-tech Pro or a Beltronics Vector Accelerometer and I can't make up my mind which one is better. I understand there are some functions that don't work properly on the Gtech when it's used on the Mazdaspeed 6, is that correct and what doesn't work. I also read the Gtech Pro SS model is supposed to be more accurate than the RR model from some test information I read on the net. It sounds like either the FX1 or the FX2 models of the Beltronics are both equally accurate, so if I go with the Beltronics I'd go with the FX2 because of it's download capabilities. Then again, I like the Horsepower, Torque, RPM and shift point information of the Gtech, at least I think those are good options to have included on the unit, if they work properly, that I don't think the Beltronics units have.

See what I mean..............Help!!!!!!!

If you guys/gals who have the different units could guide me a bit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

[/b]
P5Freek/MS6freek currently runs the Beltronics FX1 in his car IIRC. He has the most mods on his MS6 of anyone I know of on the forum and he has recently started running the Beltronics device to record his drag times. It has been pretty accurate he claims coming close to actual elapsed times. I am considering it myself cause I don't feel like coughing up the cash for the GTech if it does the same things.

R

·
Registered
795 Posts
just to correct i am using the fx2 , it is the same thing as the fx1 just that you can transfer the data to the pc after your run!!

i had the gtech ss and i returned it to the company because it doesnt work at all!! and let me tell you that the fx2 from belltronic or the fx1 are very very accurate. its worth the money. and it is cheaper then the gtech as well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Dave (RT99EH) runs the FX-2. My experience with his unit basically influenced me to pick up the FX-1 for myself. They are extremely consistent and you will know if you are faster or slower after a mod. And isn't that the point really? It will also help you perfect your launch as it gives you very accurate 60ft times.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave (RT99EH) runs the FX-2. My experience with his unit basically influenced me to pick up the FX-1 for myself. They are extremely consistent and you will know if you are faster or slower after a mod. And isn't that the point really? It will also help you perfect your launch as it gives you very accurate 60ft times.
[/b]

Good Morning,

Well sounds like so far it's 3 - zip for the Beltronic units. From the reading I've done I'm leaning that way also, especially after p5's comments. I see the Canadian Tire flyer has the FX1 on sale for $99.00 C$.....that's a pretty good deal, all things considered, no freight, duty or exchange to worry about.

Although, I think I would go with the FX2 so I can transfer the information to the computer easily.
I'm going over to CTC at lunchtime to see if they can order the FX2 and whether it is also on sale.....will post that info after lunch, if they can tell me.

Anyway, thanks so much for your input guys, that's very helpful and I hope we get more info, so in the future, if anyone wants to buy an accelerometer, there will be no doubt as to which one to buy.

Kindest Regards,

·
Registered
795 Posts
just to mention ROCKET 6 , if you get the fx2 model , so once you get it , in the manual there is a customer service number that you will need to call and order the cable to transfer to the pc because it doesnt come with it!! but it is 24$ so its no big deal. i just got my cable today it comes with the program and cable

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to mention ROCKET 6 , if you get the fx2 model , so once you get it , in the manual there is a customer service number that you will need to call and order the cable to transfer to the pc because it doesnt come with it!! but it is 24$ so its no big deal. i just got my cable today it comes with the program and cable
[/b]

Whew.......O.K. Back from CTC, boy that was like pulling teeth to get these guys to check with the supplier
to see if they could get the FX2. The parts counter guys at this store really don't have a clue, if it's not on their shelf, they're stumped.

Anyway, I finally found the FX2 in their Keystone Catalogue and got them to phone and check stock and pricing. Not a bad deal, the FX2 was $166.17 + 10% Shipping Chg. and the computer download cable was $17.33 + 10% Shipping Chg., all CDN. $

It'll be in the store in about 2-3 Days.

Now, if I can just remember where on this forum I read what the adjustments were from somebody who set theirs up at the drag strip. If anybody read the same thing and can remember where it was, I would appreciate knowing.

Can't wait to see what it will do.

Thanks Guys,

·
Registered
795 Posts
Whew.......O.K. Back from CTC, boy that was like pulling teeth to get these guys to check with the supplier
to see if they could get the FX2. The parts counter guys at this store really don't have a clue, if it's not on their shelf, they're stumped.

Anyway, I finally found the FX2 in their Keystone Catalogue and got them to phone and check stock and pricing. Not a bad deal, the FX2 was $166.17 + 10% Shipping Chg. and the computer download cable was $17.33 + 10% Shipping Chg., all CDN. $

It'll be in the store in about 2-3 Days.

Now, if I can just remember where on this forum I read what the adjustments were from somebody who set theirs up at the drag strip. If anybody read the same thing and can remember where it was, I would appreciate knowing.

Can't wait to see what it will do.

Thanks Guys,

[/b]
let me know if you need help to set it up !!! its pretty simple

·
Registered
136 Posts
just to correct i am using the fx2 , it is the same thing as the fx1 just that you can transfer the data to the pc after your run!!

i had the gtech ss and i returned it to the company because it doesnt work at all!! and let me tell you that the fx2 from belltronic or the fx1 are very very accurate. its worth the money. and it is cheaper then the gtech as well.
[/b]
Thanks for the correction P5freek. I wasn't sure whether it was the FX2 or FX1 you were running. After reading your original thread on it I looked into it and will probably be picking one up over the next little while.

R

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks for the correction P5freek. I wasn't sure whether it was the FX2 or FX1 you were running. After reading your original thread on it I looked into it and will probably be picking one up over the next little while.

R
[/b]
its worth it!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think we should do what I think they did on this forum before. They had a fender roller that people paid a deposit and rented from someone that I guess bought one or something of the sort...I guess like a group rent?

Then when each person was done they would ship it to the next and so on and so on.

Something like a Accelerometer is useful, but someone people don't feel the need to drop 100-200 to use it a few times and leave on the desk for the rest of the year. Would be nice to spend like 10 bucks and rent it just for kicks to see what the 0-60 1/4 and all that jist.

Just a thought hahaha.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think we should do what I think they did on this forum before. They had a fender roller that people paid a deposit and rented from someone that I guess bought one or something of the sort...I guess like a group rent?

Then when each person was done they would ship it to the next and so on and so on.

Something like a Accelerometer is useful, but someone people don't feel the need to drop 100-200 to use it a few times and leave on the desk for the rest of the year. Would be nice to spend like 10 bucks and rent it just for kicks to see what the 0-60 1/4 and all that jist.

Just a thought hahaha.
[/b]
i can ship mine no problem , if i have 10 people and more that want to rent it!! 10$ per person is fair enough, will ship world wide ;)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i can ship mine no problem .........., will ship world wide ;)
[/b]
Are you sure? I am putting my hands up so that I can rent it from you for 10 bucks :)

No, seriously this is a good way to share this device only hoping if more members in my country here that we can do likewise.

·
Registered
721 Posts
[/b]
your welcome

btw, fyi the FX-2 will hold the last 10 runs in memory in full, the FX-1 only stores the last run in full (however it will keep your best 10 ever 1/4 mile times and traps)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Are you sure? I am putting my hands up so that I can rent it from you for 10 bucks :)

No, seriously this is a good way to share this device only hoping if more members in my country here that we can do likewise.
[/b]
get 10 people or more and its in the mail

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yea it was an idea, honestly if you could get enough people, it would pretty much pay itself off.

I wouldn't mind as well just to play around. I was thinking of getting the FX-1, but I doubt I would use it more than a few times.

·
Registered
451 Posts
just make sure you get a solid deposit from everyone... cuz otherwise that could lead to a bunch of different issues....

i'd actually be interested to keep it, if i got one that is, so i could compare my own times, and track progress as i either:

a) become a better driver

- or -

b) mod my car...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
your welcome

btw, fyi the FX-2 will hold the last 10 runs in memory in full, the FX-1 only stores the last run in full (however it will keep your best 10 ever 1/4 mile times and traps)
[/b]

DJPetey,

Thanks very much for posting where the set up info was for the FX-2. I don't think I would have looked under that topic ( Canadian Recall ) for it. I'm still waiting for CTC to get thr FX-2 in from Keystone. I stopped in today and they said it usually takes from 3 to 5 days to get orders in from them. Getting anxious to try it out.

Thanks Again,

·
Registered
136 Posts

[/b]
This is a great idea. I am in also if there are 10 people. We can start a list. I'll probably buy my own very soon, but in the meantime this would be an awesome way to sample the product.

R

·
Registered
795 Posts
This is a great idea. I am in also if there are 10 people. We can start a list. I'll probably buy my own very soon, but in the meantime this would be an awesome way to sample the product.

R
[/b]
as soon as you guys are ready , let me know and i will ship it!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts