Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this weird problem with my 2003 Mazda6i that I can’t put my finger on it. Only engine mods I have is an AEM CAI and a Magnaflow catback. The car is at 95xxx miles and just did radiator flush transmission flush, fuel injector clean and synthetic oil change.

The thing is when I accelerate, the car would speed up then it like stops speeding up for maybe half a second, I would say like stuttering. It feels like the gas is not going in fully when I’m stepping on the throttle. When I’m cruising 80, the car is fine for the most part but then at times it feels like for that half a second, the car is not getting the gas flow in and I feel the car being push back a bit.

I got a CEL the other day. I took it to autozone and they can’t pull any codes. The car idles perfect, around the 750 rpm mark.
I just don’t know where to begin to look to find the problem. You input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Begin by looking for a vacuum leak, I'd give strong odds that's your problem. A specific problem is the hose that runs from the MAF to the TB isn't screwed down tight enough, or the PCV valve hose has a crack in it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will look into it..

I fix the PCV valve last year cause it did crack.. but the RPMs would bounce up and down and the engine would actually turn off because of it.

This one is weird. Idle is perfectly fine. But I will take a look at the vacuum tomorrow

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an 03 mazda 6i, 95,000 miles, exact same problem. i doubt that it is the pcv hose because i had it replaced a month ago. any idea on the problem or solution?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have an '05 3.0 6s and its on 80,000 and I really has that problem only if i give it the beans off the start like if I'm just wantin to take off it feels like once I get mid way it almost pauses for like not even a half second it does that about 2 times in 1st and like once in 2nd but then 3rd 4th and 5th are fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the very same problem. mine was down to low oil level. but you say you've changed your oil. so not too sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also have the same problem in my Mazda 6i 2006. its exactly the same, but mine extends to the third gear. when i change from 2nd to 3rd it feels like theres no torque. the speed accelerates but low torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts