Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first post here. Hoping to be a Mazda6 driver in 10 months time (way too long).
Anyway, I thought I read in some reviews that the ACC can be set to different temperatures for driver and passenger, but after seeing some high res pics of the interior I don't see how the controls could do that. Since many people on this forum have ACC, I'm sure someone can answer this for me.

Thanks in advance!
Merbac

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: ACC - left and right seperate

Can't say for the euro version, but it's not an option on the US version.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Nope never heard of that function.

Hej förresten :D It's trevligt with another svensk here :) Det är jag, Junkan, Steve6er, Kyrkbymannen och Outsider! Och du :)

To all of you other people - The Swede mob is here to stay! :p

·
Registered
105 Posts

Seeing as how the temperature would diffuse anyways, I don't see how that could be a very useful option...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'ACC - left and right seperate'

You're right about the temperatures diffusing.
For a while I've been in doubt about which car to get (Alfa156, Renault Laguna, Mazda6); but I made up my mind a few weeks ago and am going for the Mazda. So I probably saw that feature on one of the others.

It's funny because when this feature first appeared on a car I also thought it was silly because the air would diffuse anyway. Then after seeing it being introduced on more and more cars you sort of come to accept it and after a while even want it, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense....

·
Registered
8 Posts

Originally posted by Merbac

Well, this is my first post here. Hoping to be a Mazda6 driver in 10 months time (way too long).
Anyway, I thought I read in some reviews that the ACC can be set to different temperatures for driver and passenger, but after seeing some high res pics of the interior I don't see how the controls could do that. Since many people on this forum have ACC, I'm sure someone can answer this for me.

Thanks in advance!
Merbac[/b]
Hi!
According to your question I must say that it is not possible to separate the temperatures. Personally I don´t think that the ACC is working very well, there are others working better. I have driven my car since October and during winter the ACC has been a problem. It´s a matter of programming the function I guess.
Is there really a 10 month waiting list now?

Ok, got to go!

Benny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

No, there's no 10 month waiting list, but the lease contract on our current company car will expire in february next year. According to the dealer, the waiting list is 5 months at the moment, and because I had heard about long delivery times I decided to go check things out well in advance.
But thanks for the feedback to all who replied!

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Nope never heard of that function.

Hej förresten :D It's trevligt with another svensk here :) Det är jag, Junkan, Steve6er, Kyrkbymannen och Outsider! Och du :)

To all of you other people - The Swede mob is here to stay! :p[/b]
Lots of 6 here in Borås, during the last three days I've seen 8 cars!

·
Registered
15 Posts

The answer to your question re acc is that (US version) the auto climate control does NOT have independant acc for left and right. That said the vent controls are so adaptable that I can cook my passenger and have little to no heat or ice on myself!!

·
Registered
174 Posts

FWIW, the Acura TSX has dual climate controls. The driver and front passenger each pick the temp they want. Not all that important a feature, though.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Actually, dual-zone climate control is a very useful option for the front seat passengers, especially in the summer. Its not the overall temp in the car that's important, its the air you get hit with coming from the vents. I will turn the temp down to 65 in the summer while my wife will keep hers much higher. I get the really cold air from the vents and she doesn't. This is in her car, of course, as my 6 doesn't have dual-zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts