Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out with the locations of the Cigerrette lighters in a 2004 Mazda 6s. I just got one that is being shipped to me and am looking into how I will charge my IPOD and other things until I can save up a few bucks to get metra kit and install my old system. I am sure there is one right below the climate controls, but do they have a second one in the car??? Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the bottom of the center console. There's a punch out in the top lid so you can run the cord through.......And it's DC power...not AC
[/b]

HAHA....yeah my bad. You would think being an electrician for 2 years I would have noticed that???

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
HAHA....yeah my bad. You would think being an electrician for 2 years I would have noticed that??? [/b]
I apologize for threadjacking, but since you said you're an electrician, how many things can you splice to the cig lighters? (I'm talking about lights, laptops, mp3 players, etc)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welllllllllll,

Accorinding to the electrical schematic, both lighters have a 15amp fuse on them.

[attachmentid=15570]

So, when you're hooking stuff up to the lighter, you should stay well below 15amps total.

Most small devices like iPod's draw mininmal current, so you should be fine.

Just be carefull if you're hooking up an air compressor, coffee warmer, etc etc.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts