Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Mazda 6, pretty much fully loaded. Last summer, it was in being serviced about 1/3 of the time. The problem is that the AC does not work on hot days. I usually keep it set on auto. When my car sits outside in the heat all day, something in the AC is being affected by the heat from the sun (if it's in a garage or parking garage, I don't have this problem). The AC will come on then completely cut out, then back on, then cut out. It usually does this for about the first 10-20 minutes that the car is on, just enough time for me to get to the dealership as it starts working finally. Basically, I can keep it on auto, and it does this, or I can try to manually change the fan/temp by taking it off auto, and still NOTHING comes out of the vents. Even on auto, when it reaches the desired temp, air should still flow from the vents, but I'm getting nothing, and it's still nowhere near the desired temp. SO, the dealership just kept telling me last year that I just don't know how to work the auto on the car, which is a bunch of crap. I know how the stupid AC is supposed to work. The warranty is almost up, and I want this problem resolved before I have to pay for my weekly trips to the service department, and because the car should have working AC. I've just about given up on the dealership, since I took it in the first time this year when it got hot enough for the AC to not work, and got the same answer I did last year. I KNOW this is not normal behavior. I finally took it to another dealership last year, and they at least tried to do something by replacing the fan system, but that didn't fix it. Also, please don't just tell me to open the windows, I know that would help cool the car down, but I didn't pay this much money for a car without AC. Anyone have a similar problem or know a solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sounds like a bad clutch fan. Keep bugging the dealer until it acts-up and maybe they will find the problem. Good luck and let us know what you discover.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Actually I'm making an appointment for my Wagon to get the AC looked at. It's working but blowing semi-cool air (not cool enough), unlike my Sedan where I set it at 78 and I'll be cold! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Jax6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing