Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AHHH!! I got my Mazdaspeed springs installed by Tire Pros on Wed. Everything was fine until later on Thur. when the ABS and TCS lights went on. I slammed the brakes to test and the ABS still works. Can someone please help? Is it just a reprgramming issue?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
AHHH!! I got my Mazdaspeed springs installed by Tire Pros on Wed. Everything was fine until later on Thur. when the ABS and TCS lights went on. I slammed the brakes to test and the ABS still works. Can someone please help? Is it just a reprgramming issue? [/b]
you're sure about the ABS still working? Usually when the ABS computer detects some sort of fault in the system it disables the ABS and turns the warning light on. I'd be surprised if the ABS was really still working with the warning light on.
Sounds like someone didn't hook something back up correctly. A wheel sensor or wire harness somewhere is most likely unplugged and that's what is causing the ABS and TCS lights to come on. If it was fine when you first got the car back and then started acting up later it sounds like something came disconnected.
Take it back to Tire Pros and have them fix what they didn't do correctly the first time.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
how the hell'd they do that... wow. check the vaccum lines running from the front abs right by the wheel. on both sides.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I took it back to Tire Pros and they realized there was some loose wiring on the ABS. They fixed it for free. Thank god.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah I took it back to Tire Pros and they realized there was some loose wiring on the ABS. They fixed it for free. Thank god. [/b]

as well they should have, seeing as it was their working on the car and not reconnecting it properly that was causing the problem

good to go...!!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
this happenend to me... and i had to take it into a dealership... and they told me that my speed control sensor (?) was broken and had to be repalced...

i hope that helps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts