Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
did a 35mile run to the dealer yesterday and hit 39 mpg without much effort, average 65-70mph, 14k miles

·
Registered
926 Posts
I bought my used CPO 2014 Mazda 6 in March of this year. I was excited to experience the great fuel economy I had been reading about when I had been researching cars prior to the purchase.
I've had roughly 2.5 Fuel ups. Avg mpg is 26 at it's best. I do about 20%Hwy/80%City. Not sure why it's this crappy. And from alot of people who have posted 30+ numbers, can you confirm that your 6 doesn't have the i-Eloop tech?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the fuel tank capacity is 16.4 gallons. I barely get 15 gallons in at fill ups, which I usually do when there's about 5miles left to empty. It would be assumed that 1 gallon is left for reserved....but when I'm filling up, pump stops at 14.5 gal. I squeeze in an extra 0.5 forcefully, which I know I shouldn't, but that's just me testing if it's actually the pump that's bad. I've tried 3 different gas stations with the same result. I am unable to physically put in 16.4 Gallons!

All-in-all, I like the car, it's a good drive, but the mpg is disappointing. I am going to keep tracking it through the first few summer months, suspect I'll be filling up roughly 4 times in the next couple months so let's see how it goes.
I can tell you this engine is thirsty in city driving. I do almost 100% city driving quite often in Los Angeles and 24MPG is the most I muster. this engine does not like stoplight to stoplight traffic. On the contrary for long highway drives 36MPG is petty common for me. I have a OVT tuned engine but MPG didn't change much for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.