Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nothing is wrong, all vehicles get less mpg in the winter. Even the Prius drops down to almost 38 to 40mpg in the winter. From the typical 45+ mpg it gets all year around.

Every since I llowered my car and got the, wheels I have not seen anything over 29.8 mpg...lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
you do realize I'm talking about getting 5-6MPG less than I got in the same/similiar conditions last year vs this year? I think a lot of people are missing that point...
My normal winter drop for this car was 2 MPG.
How many times has that been said now?!
Wear and tear, tire wear, alignment, winter time, brake wear. All effect that mpg. My post was more of a statement that I don't think anything I physically wrong, but the car has alot more wear on it now then it did last year. It's not outrageous to see that drop in mpg at 30k+, a good de carb service would help at that mileage. If you know a friend that works at a dealership see if they can hook you up and do one for you. Or else you are looking to spend 160-200. On a real good de-carb service. The additives work overtime, but by the time they do work you spend as much as the de-carb service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.