Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new on here and im just about to buy a mazda 6 but i was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about the 3.0l v6 are there any major problems with it. the car that im looking at is a black mazda 6 s sport wagon. 5 speed manual. the car has just over 55,xxx miles on it so if you guys have any info i could defiantly use it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What year?
I've got an '05 6s grande touring MTX with 137,000 mile on it and no real big issues yet. I would suggest replacing the head lights with HID's. Many things you can do to the car. The 6 has a full range of after market parts, just be educated when purchasing. The only complaint I have so far on the 6 is part that are only obtainable from the dealer. Many part can not be purchased at your commonly know part stores, so the dealer ends up raping you on replacement parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an 07 6 v6 five speed 56k plus miles drive everyday 70 plus miles to work and back. City and Highway. All I have changed is oil. Not even brakes, however buying some next month cause its that time. Only dropped the car with TEIN springs and Koni shocks. But get the coilovers cause cost is the same and there better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i appreatiate it see a kid owned the car before the the dealer got it so im just a bit nervious i dont wanna buy it and then have to put a new clutch in. if theres anyone else who has any input its definatly much appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Watch out for the clutch, I have 77K on my MT 3.0v6. Every month I add $75 to the 'need to replace the clutch' fund.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its an 05 and my buddy drove it today and he thinks the clutch will need to be replaced if it is driven hard and i dont plan on doing that so we'll see im buying it from a dealer.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
its an 05 and my buddy drove it today and he thinks the clutch will need to be replaced if it is driven hard and i dont plan on doing that so we'll see im buying it from a dealer.
ANY clutch that's driven "hard" will need to be replaced. My clutch has over 90K miles on it, and it's still OEM, as well as a lot of other late-'04 and newer MTXs. I'm not exactly a "soft" driver either.

Parts aren't that hard to find either. Find a local NAPA store, and you're good to go.

A couple other things: Check the PCV valve, since they're a common issue with the V6s, and make sure that the TSBs have also been addressed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got 137,000 mile now with OEM clutch, no real slippage yet (knock on wood). I have not had the issues with the pre cat (really want CPE to do another G.P. on the straight headers though). No issues with PCV either. The parts I have had difficulty getting from other than the dealer is the reverse light trany switch and CO2 sensors. I do about 28k miles a year with 80% highway (average 80mph). I do not really baby the car since I go out on country roads and get on it occasionally. Just need to get some Koni FSD's and Eibach springs. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 work great on the car for the summer, but they can be a little noisy though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts