Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have been around forums for a while now reading about which car is a good investment based on my needs. I saw the MazdaSpeed6 and fell in love with it, also with the price they were offering me, 25k for a Grand Touring (now sold :() and 22 grand for a Sport (still in the dealer) but has a color I dont really like. But w/e, thats not the issue. I don't know if you guys are familiar with the S-Plan that Ford Partners get, but I am thinking now, maybe they wont discount more money off because the car is already "discounted", and if thats the case, I will probabbly be paying the same amount of money for a 2007 model because the S-Plan. Now, the reason why I haven't gotten the car for that good price is because I can't yet because credit issues, but by December or January I will have the credit and money for it... I bet that by that time they will be long gone and I will have to get a new version. What can you guys tell me and/or advice me?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
S-Plan is rarely worth it on a Mazda. You can almost always get that price on any Mazda at any time with just simple negotiation.

Even with the S-Plan on an '07 you won't get anywhere close to the deal you can get on an '06 model. It's the rebates on top of the invoice pricing, not the invoice-pricing itself, that makes the '06 models so utterly cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S-Plan is rarely worth it on a Mazda. You can almost always get that price on any Mazda at any time with just simple negotiation.

Even with the S-Plan on an '07 you won't get anywhere close to the deal you can get on an '06 model. It's the rebates on top of the invoice pricing, not the invoice-pricing itself, that makes the '06 models so utterly cheap.
[/b]
I see, so probabbly the plan is a no-good. Damn, they are running out of the 06 models. They had a white Grand Touring and is now gone, my second option is a Black one which I like, then there's a gray one. Do you know if December and/or January are good months for a purchase?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Presuming there's any left, it's a good time to purchase. But I doubt there'll be many, if any at all, 2006 MS6s around in December of January.

As for '07s at that time, it's a good time, but not the greatest. The high rebates don't usually kick in until the following spring.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Presuming there's any left, it's a good time to purchase. But I doubt there'll be many, if any at all, 2006 MS6s around in December of January.

As for '07s at that time, it's a good time, but not the greatest. The high rebates don't usually kick in until the following spring.
[/b]
December or January = good?

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
If you want a way around the credit issues, dispute a couple of them. When you dispute something on a credit report, it's removed from your report until the investigation is complete. That may help a little. You can't dispute every single thing, but maybe one or two here and there. It adds up.

Also, right now there are hardly any 06s left on lots. You may not be lucky enough to find a touring model on the lots nor an MS6 by November. Keep in mind also that your first payment will be due 30 days out, not the day you get the car. You can also ask the dealer for something called a 'promissory note', which means basically they hold your down pmt. check, some up to 30 days, before cashing it. Look into it and good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want a way around the credit issues, dispute a couple of them. When you dispute something on a credit report, it's removed from your report until the investigation is complete. That may help a little. You can't dispute every single thing, but maybe one or two here and there. It adds up.

Also, right now there are hardly any 06s left on lots. You may not be lucky enough to find a touring model on the lots nor an MS6 by November. Keep in mind also that your first payment will be due 30 days out, not the day you get the car. You can also ask the dealer for something called a 'promissory note', which means basically they hold your down pmt. check, some up to 30 days, before cashing it. Look into it and good luck.
[/b]
Well it's actually my mom's credit. She says she has too much "dept" that they wont give her anything... So I am telling her to go to the dealership with me and see how much I'll be paying to have an idea atleast, but she doesn't want to. I think I'm pretty much screwed right now, and I am not even 18 yet I'm 17 so I am going to have to wait until she decides to take action on this. Can't do much about it :( My last hope was that S-Plan for a 2007 but it seems like it's going to be no-good at all. No Mazdaspeed6 for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
S-Plan is rarely worth it on a Mazda. You can almost always get that price on any Mazda at any time with just simple negotiation.[/b]
I would disagree with that. I bought our 6s on the "S" plan (thanks to Mazda's Motorsport Racing Support Program) and the "S" plan price (the salesman showed it to us) was $200 below invoice. I still got the $1500 rebate that was in effect at that time, paid no dealer fees and only a set transportation fee along with sales tax. The check I wrote the dealer was about $2,000 below the sticker price. It is the best new car buying experience I've ever had and in forty years of car ownership I've had a lot.:D

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I would disagree with that. I bought our 6s on the "S" plan (thanks to Mazda's Motorsport Racing Support Program) and the "S" plan price (the salesman showed it to us) was $200 below invoice. I still got the $1500 rebate that was in effect at that time, paid no dealer fees and only a set transportation fee along with sales tax. The check I wrote the dealer was about $2,000 below the sticker price. It is the best new car buying experience I've ever had and in forty years of car ownership I've had a lot.:D
[/b]
My point was that you can almost always get invoice or slightly below on just about any Mazda at any time, so it's rarely worth using the S-Plan to save yourself money. Hassle, perhaps. But it's not gonna save you much money. All you've got to do thesedays is fire off an email to whomever does the internet sales at the dealer, and they'll send you a quote back that's probably right about S-Plan, they just give it to everyone. Unless you want something like a MazdaSpeed3 right now of course.

I didn't use mine when I got my Mazda6 because I could get a better deal without it -- I paid $6,000 below MSRP on mine. I did use it when I got my Mazda3 though since, at the time, it was impossible to get more than a few hundred off MSRP on them.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I used the S plan on my wagon, the MSRP was 27,800. After discounts, rebates and other incentives, tax, title, license, I got it for $17,800 out the door! The wagon was fully loaded, leather, bose, sport package.

Used the S-plan for the wife's hatch as well, when there was no rebates or cash back, another fully loaded car, bose, roof, etc. $21,400 out of the door ordered from the factory. A lot depends on the region you are in and your ability to negotiate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it seems like I will get me a 07 Mazdaspeed6. Too bad I couldn't get my 06 since I couldn't take it out then... I know is almost the same thing but by the time I get it 06 is history... Probabbly the max I would pay is 25 grand... The less the better. Is it possible to deal a Lancer Evolution IX (Not RS) to like 26 grand? (Of couse no S-Plan X_X) Also, I know this is a Mazda forum, but how can somebody get something similar to an S-Plan for Mitsubishi? I only have the S-Plan and X-Plan which of course is Ford...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any other updates? Experiences? Forget about what I said about the EVO I want a MS6!

S

·
0 Posts
I used the S-plan on my 2003 V6. I was one of the first in town to have a 6 and the S-plan took 10% off the price of the car... no hassles. The most difficult part was finding a dealer at that time that was willing to do the plan with a brand new model. I live in Little Rock & drove to Ft Worth TX to get the 6s mtx. No hassles. The form told him what he would sell the car for, no negotiating, no crap... just fill in the blank. Of course I got screwed on my trade (hated to see the VTEC del sol go, but had a kid on the way).

I don't know if is the case right now, but the S-plan did not apply to SVT or Mazdaspeed products. At the time, I was debating on the speed protege (bloack, not atomic orange). No speed products dropped that from the list. both the speed and the 6 were the same price and the 6 was going to be a much better family car (Damn I am getting old!). Besides, if I had gotten the speed, I would have dumped a ton of cash into upgrades & probably be divorced by now.

The S-plan saved my marraige!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I want the S-Plan, how do you get the shit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are still a lot of '06s, just get one of them for 20-23k.
[/b]
Where?

Also to get the S-Plan, you have to work somewhere that is partnered with Ford, or get a friend to give you one, there is like a limit of 2 PINs per employee.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If there are no more MS6's in your area you'll have to go further out. There's still tons in my area and a lot of the bigger markets have them for low prices. Just go to pricing thread to see where people are getting the best prices then check inventory using mazdausa.com.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If there are no more MS6's in your area you'll have to go further out. There's still tons in my area and a lot of the bigger markets have them for low prices. Just go to pricing thread to see where people are getting the best prices then check inventory using mazdausa.com.
[/b]
So I have to go to Georgia or texas, or Cali to get a deal on an MS6?.........man just try your freakin local dealer.

They are gonna have to budge sometime.....the 06's Must go!!!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
He doesn't even have his location on his profile....Dude Come to MD one dealer has like 5 on the lots, and those are Sports alone....

then maybe we could go half on a speed6. I get it Mon, Wed , Fri, Sat...you get it for the other days :laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts