Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
A well tuned 6s???? LOL the 6s has no chance at beating a SPeed6.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would think anything is possible as long as you have a lot of $$$$.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
if the speed were to stay in stock form, it is possible for sure. i'm sure with the right tuning and an engine build you can get into the 300whp area with the V6. would just take a lot of $$. but depends on what you mean by "well tuned", cause a turbo on the V6 could make short work of a stock speed as well.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
if the speed were to stay in stock form, it is possible for sure. i'm sure with the right tuning and an engine build you can get into the 300whp area with the V6. would just take a lot of $$. but depends on what you mean by "well tuned", cause a turbo on the V6 could make short work of a stock speed as well.
[/b]
i think he means n/a.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
a stock speed 6 vs a v6 with turbo and many mods could beet a speed 6. It would prolly be the same amount of money if not more though, so just buy a speed 6 and upgrade from there.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
for those that have a 2+ year old V6, it's not exactly cheaper to go with the speed6 option.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If they can make a 500hp in a civic, then I'm sure they can do much better with a 6

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Okay Chico.....let's put this shit into perspective. I am tired of messing around.

Mazdaspeed6 concept never gave a crap about the precious 3.0 liter engine for any of it's concepts...There is No "definite" tuning solution for a V6 turbo, because of the retarded ECU, and whatever happened to your Supercharger product??? Collapsed...It's all about the Mazdaspeed6, and how the Mazdaspeed 6 will own a V6 everytime, in Everyway...From a Roll, on the track, from the stop light on the street...., Any situation you can think of...the V6 is toast.

Sorry about your dang luck

·
Registered
867 Posts
yeah but that is stock wise, if you mod the 6 up and leave the speed6 stock the speed6 stock will be toast. remember with money it's possible.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
He didn't ask if a 6s could beat a Mazdaspeed 6. He asked if it were possible for a 6s to match the horsepower of a Mazdaspeed 6.

The short answer is yes. However, nothing in the production aftermarket will get a 6s up to 245 whp (average dyno of a stock MS6), so it would definitely take some custom work, which would be expensive.

Of course, the Mazdaspeed 6 weighs more, so you'd only need about 220 whp to match the power-to-weight ratio of a stock Mazdaspeed 6. Unfortunately, that still doesn't mean you'd outperform it, considering it's much easier to put that power to the ground with AWD.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
stop being cheap and move into a speed6 ^_^

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mr Tea, once tuning is provided for the turbo kits, do you think the comparison will be similar to that of the Mazda3s with aftermarket turbo kits (ie Hiboost) compared to the Speed3. I have seen some good numbers with the Hiboost Kit and others that would be higher than even a modified Speed3. Just seems that it would be a similar case with the v6. Even at low boost the v6 should make more power than a stock Speed6.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Okay Chico.....let's put this shit into perspective. I am tired of messing around.

Mazdaspeed6 concept never gave a crap about the precious 3.0 liter engine for any of it's concepts...There is No "definite" tuning solution for a V6 turbo, because of the retarded ECU, and whatever happened to your Supercharger product??? Collapsed...It's all about the Mazdaspeed6, and how the Mazdaspeed 6 will own a V6 everytime, in Everyway...From a Roll, on the track, from the stop light on the street...., Any situation you can think of...the V6 is toast.

Sorry about your dang luck
[/b]

There is a tuning soluton for the V6,As falcontx said with 220whp on the V6 and a good driver it would take a Speed6,plus you have to figure that a speed6 might not go that fast with a broken rear diff since that has been the trend lately.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i don't know of any "solid" tuning for the V6 as of yet?? send me their way if so. i'm sure an engine build could put the V6 on par with the speed, but it would take boost (or race engine that gets worked on often) to make it an easy feet. even at 6psi the V6 mtx SHOULD be able to take the speed6 in stock form out here on cali's piss-gas. on 93 octane i think it would be pretty darn close given the awd launch to the V6's lighter package.

but who knows until we see it.

all i can say, as i've said for a while now, i'll challenge any speed to whatever style racing they want. i've tried but no one in socal plays much in their speed.

As far as the HiBoost kit, he's hit 565whp with the GT35 turbo...and that's without any timing control. so with timing he's got a fair bit more i'd guess.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
For n/a tuning you can use Unichip or Apexi SAFC. I would like to see what a tuner could do with intake and header(s)-back exhaust. I bet 215whp would be possible with a custom tune with those mods.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts