Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Only one major question... how do you keep it from freezing in cold weather?

Somebody with more chemical knowledge also needs to explain to me the difference between HHO and H2O.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Time to buy stock....? Keeping it from freezing in the winter is easy, just have a tank warmer.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Time to buy stock....? Keeping it from freezing in the winter is easy, just have a tank warmer.
[/b]
I just don't see that as feasible for many, a lot of battery power to try and store for those who do not have electric outlets available.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Well, it's a good idea but doesn't totally get rid of using fossil fuels.

He uses and electrolysis process with the water and electricity, and how is electricity made? Hence not omiting fossil fuels entirely.

Unless we switched to nuclear power or something, then we'd be golden. But that's just looked down upon even though more efficient. We'd need to find something to do with the waste besides storing it or burying it.

Great idea though, should be interesting to see what comes of this.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Well, it's a good idea but doesn't totally get rid of using fossil fuels.

He uses and electrolysis process with the water and electricity, and how is electricity made? Hence not omiting fossil fuels entirely.[/b]
Coal power is incredibly efficient and the US has the world's largest low-sulfur coal reserves. We have enough to last millenia.

Sure, it still pollutes, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. If it were easily feasible to power your car with coal, it would run 1/15th of the cost it takes to run it with gasoline.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It may be cheap now but demand sets pricing. Oil used to be somewhat inexpensive but now the global demand for it is growing. One reason that many overlook is the emergence of China and India. These two countries have populations greater than the USA and their middle class is growing rapidly. In consumer terms, a larger middle class yields more disposable income that can be spent on designer clothing, small electronics, home furnishings, etc. Oh yeah, automobiles too...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Only one major question... how do you keep it from freezing in cold weather?

Somebody with more chemical knowledge also needs to explain to me the difference between HHO and H2O.
[/b]
I never took chem class, but I think I know a bit to explain the difference:

H2O = Hydrogen-di-oxyde. One hydrogen molecule, two oxygen molecules. H2O = liquid

HHO = Di-hydrogen-oxyde. Two hydrogen molecules, one oxygen molecule. HHO = gas

Basically, HHO is H2O, but in a combustible state where it can be used as a fuel. Look at the video again, that flame coming out of the torch is HHO after it has been converted from H2O.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Coal power is incredibly efficient and the US has the world's largest low-sulfur coal reserves. We have enough to last millenia.

Sure, it still pollutes, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. If it were easily feasible to power your car with coal, it would run 1/15th of the cost it takes to run it with gasoline.
[/b]

With the rate we are polluting the environment, I doubt they'd ever consider coal. The water idea can work but like someone said earlier, the red-tape hurdle must be overcomed and that, unfortunately, will be difficult.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I never took chem class, but I think I know a bit to explain the difference:

H2O = Hydrogen-di-oxyde. One hydrogen molecule, two oxygen molecules. H2O = liquid

HHO = Di-hydrogen-oxyde. Two hydrogen molecules, one oxygen molecule. HHO = gas

[/b]
There is no such thing as HHO. It's a fabrication of the guy in the video. HHO's structure would be H-H-O, which is impossible in the chemical world (middle H has too many bonds).

H2 reaction. Kinda like in this infamous hydrogen/oxygen reaction:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
fgraziano
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing