Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going through withdrawls now. I had to take my car in yesterday to have them check on the alignment because it was pulling to the right whenever I drive and brake. Hopefully nothing more than a quick adjustment. Also, the sunroof controls were not properly seated in place so they fell out of the roof, so now they might have to take it back to the north side of town (which is about 40-50 miles one way) and have the place where I got the sunroof installed fix it. Anyway, I've been without my car for about a day now and I miss her!!!!!!! I hope when I get her back she's washed and filled.

Oh, and the kicker: the rental car that Mazda hooked me up with (free rental!) is the same make car that I sold a couple weeks ago, a Saturn! Talk about an insult!

Whoohoo!!!!! As I was typing this, the called me from the dealership to tell me that they fixed the sunroof control and the rattling in my driverside door (brushed aluminum panel was loose and would rattle whenever the bass hit) and they're checkign the alignment now! Oh, I can't wait to see her again!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'A sad day.....'

I got my car back. They fixed all the problems: car doesn’t pull to the right, door doesn’t rattle, controls don’t fall out. But now, the steering wheel is slightly off to the right. It’s ever so slight, but when you try to correct it, the car goes to the left. I noticed it as soon as I drove off the lot. The guy who does the alignments had left for the day, so I’m going to have to take it back tomorrow afternoon to have them look at it again. And, they didn’t wash it. I’ll see if they can give my baby a bath tomorrow for the inconvenience. You’d think that they’d wash it for you anyway, especially considering it’s a new car and hasn’t had much exposure yet. Anyway, another reason to enjoy driving it……

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reading Topic: A sad day...*update*

Consider yourself lucky that they didn't wash it for you. Dealer washed mine (which was alright) BUT in addition they put some STINKING CHEAP orange freshener in the cupholder. It stayed there for 2 hours or so. It almost killed that "new car smell"...

Why do they have to screw it up in some way?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Or maybe "PLEASE DON'T WASH". I came to be super anal with my Supra, and once I learned more about cleaning the surface of a car, I wouldn't let anyone else wash it except the detailer. I'd be happy if the dealer would just leave well enough alone and make sure to at least put a seat and carpet cover in when driving it. No need for nuclear orange air freshners or soap 'n' hose car washes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'A sad day...*update*'

Originally posted by kyler13

Or maybe "PLEASE DON'T WASH".  I came to be super anal with my Supra, and once I learned more about cleaning the surface of a car, I wouldn't let anyone else wash it except the detailer.  I'd be happy if the dealer would just leave well enough alone and make sure to at least put a seat and carpet cover in when driving it.  No need for nuclear orange air freshners or soap 'n' hose car washes.[/b]
or that :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

How come you expect whenever you get your car fixed, you should get a car wash. Don't get me wrong, I wish it was like this but in reality, they don't have to do anything but fix your car.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Yeah I understand that but what makes u think that they have time for that though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Good question. They may pay some kid $5/hr, or whatever minimum wage is here, to hose down a car, sponge, and rinse. All the more reason to request NOT to have it washed. Nothing like having some 16 year old set the sponge down on the ground, have some gravel stick to it, and BAM back to scrubbing your beautiful new 6. :D

Sticky: PLEASE DON'T WASH! :D

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

How come you expect whenever you get your car fixed, you should get a car wash.  Don't get me wrong, I wish it was like this but in reality, they don't have to do anything but fix your car.[/b]
Well the dealership where I bought my 6 has a drive through car wash, and the salesman told me I could come by anytime and get a wash. So I plan on taking him up on that offer. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts

nothing compares to spending a few hours to wash and wash you own car...

except spending a butt load of cash for a detailing...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

amen....and no matter what I do: wash, clearcoat prep, polish, wax....the detailer always makes it look a little better after it's done. Must be that orbital buffer. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I have to say, there really is no more a satifying feeling than the look of your sparkly clean car in the driveway right after a good wash... though one actually has to get off his lazy butt and wash (speaking from expirience :))

·
Registered
231 Posts

If your spending a few hours washing a car, you really have nothing better to do. It takes me about an hour or so and I'm pretty obsessive about the details.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Well, the dealership I've taken my/bought my car at has an indoor washing facility where they do detailing and stuff. The salesman told me that I could bring it by anytime to get a free detailing. I think i'll take them up on it one of these days.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by meat6

Originally posted by chindo

How come you expect whenever you get your car fixed, you should get a car wash.  Don't get me wrong, I wish it was like this but in reality, they don't have to do anything but fix your car.[/b]
Well the dealership where I bought my 6 has a drive through car wash, and the salesman told me I could come by anytime and get a wash. So I plan on taking him up on that offer. :D
[/b][/quote]

If you care about the surface and finish of your car, you shouldn't take it through an automatic wash. They do scratch your car or worse peel the paint off. It won't happen in every case, but it does happen. I will never take my car through one of those again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'A sad day...*update*'

Yeah stay right away from auto washers if you want to preserve your paint. Swirls and scratches is all you get from a bit of saved time.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by Absolut

What about the touchless car washes?  I will only take mine through there as it is too cold to wash it by hand right now.[/b]
Yes....Thats what I use because of the heavy salt build-up around here. As soon as winter is over I do wash by hand though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts