Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know you told me not to ask you if I needed any help with the Turbo install. Didn't ask why, don't like me, tired of peopel asking stupid crap.. Dunno, not my business. But I want just this. If that is ok..If not. That is fine too... I understand...

Could you post a pic of the engine bay of your car with the kit on?.. and I am curious to know. Did you have to re locate the battery at all?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i told you no?? i don't think i've told anyone no?? i'm explaining things to people every night!

there are some engine pics still on my cardomain page if you need some though. but no, battery & tray are same place as stock, just using an Optima for some reason. doing the relocate is a plan for the future so i can get soem smoother bends (and larger) piping, but the kit keeps things stock.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. Hmmm. that looks like alot more room between the battery then what I have.. But I havn't tried to wiggle anything around for fitment or nothing to see yet so the battery could just be slide over a bit to far at the moment on mine....

OK, tell me what I am in for LoL.. alot of cussing? or does most everything fit pretty nicely?

I'm kinda nervous but exited at the same time...

But yeah. I posted a while back in the 2.3l section when I announced it was official that I was doing the install and had the garage rented and ready. Asked if anyone would be willing to answer questions as I came across them and you said not to ask you LoL...I assumed you was to busy with the millions of questions you already get.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It doesn't seem that we have a lot of turbo 6's on this site. You might have better luck with your turbo questions over on mazda3forums.com under the force induction section. Several members here are over there including Mr Tea.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
you have the HiBoost kit?

if so, only thing i've seen is sometimes the turbo is clocked just a bit off so the charge pipe and/or downpipe don't line up correctly. an easy fix, but confused a couple people in the past.

i haven't done the wiring on the kit, but i've done the equivalent with all the other crap on my car, and i could to the install in a day i'd guess. but that's cause i've worked on it so much i'd say.

plan on plenty of cussing for sure. i'm on AIM if i'm not at work (usually 6-6) and that's how most people hit me up. let me know or you can call me if you want. 714-791-1299 but i don't always answer, but usually call back. and dude, get valvebodies!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have the HiBoost kit?

if so, only thing i've seen is sometimes the turbo is clocked just a bit off so the charge pipe and/or downpipe don't line up correctly. an easy fix, but confused a couple people in the past.

i haven't done the wiring on the kit, but i've done the equivalent with all the other crap on my car, and i could to the install in a day i'd guess. but that's cause i've worked on it so much i'd say.

plan on plenty of cussing for sure. i'm on AIM if i'm not at work (usually 6-6) and that's how most people hit me up. let me know or you can call me if you want. 714-791-1299 but i don't always answer, but usually call back. and dude, get valvebodies!
[/b]
I'm actually waiting on the phone call. I talked in emails with one guy. and finally said I was ready and had the money finally. Wasn't sure about how payment was to be done. He asked me my number, said he had to get some crap around and would shoot me a call as soon as he did with how to do the payment and so forth. So I've been patiently waiting... If it takes to much longer I am just going to call them myself.. I'm hoping it doesn't take TO long to actually get it all around and sent out... He is also supposed to discuss shipping and costs with me as well.

Got the money. Even gave the bank the ok to clear a charge that big to my account incase I can just pay with card right over the phone...not sure how they will want it done. alot of money. I'm all set.. just waiting.. .. Car is out of warrenty in 8k miles. It's going in to get some crap fixed on it monday. so I figured I should have it ready fo rthe garage and the install by the time everything is finalized..

and yeah. I got the Lentech site on bookmark so I can get those... Already got it lined up on who has first dibs on my cpe MAFCI system since I wont' need it. since i'm not really looking to get profit out of it at all...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so I am starting to get a bit worried here.. I call. and no response.. I have left several emails with no reposnse at all....

Anyone have the hook up? if so my name is Rick Cowman. email is [email protected]. Can you let them know that I am ready and waiting and to get ahold of me.. I really want to get this ordered and out of the way already... They should know me by my name and email...

I call the 866 number and it just beeps a bunch but nothing else...Call the 864 number I was given and it's a fax... I email and no reply... Hiboost is still a company right???

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
he's not in the country, so you gotta let it ring quite a bit before it picks up. i have his cell #, but don't know if i should give that out. you can always hit up Ricardo at F2cars.com and he can get it going for you or talk to the guys at SCI from mazda3forums and they can get the order going for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts