Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go over a speed bump or any time the front suspension is used to an abnormal degree, I hear a 'pop' and feel a bump.

I have an appointment on Friday, but does anyone have ideas?

03 6s

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has now started to pop on both sides now.

Shadrag- Thanks, I hadn't seen that yet. However I don't seem to hear the noise when I turn, just specifically when there is some play with the suspension.

Junkie

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Im getting the same thing AGAIN lol. the funny thing is ive already had this repair like 6 months back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im getting the same thing AGAIN lol. the funny thing is ive already had this repair like 6 months back.
[/b]
What was it? I ended up taking the car in this AM, yet havent heard back yet. I was hoping to have the car back for this evening, but maybe not :huh:

·
Registered
493 Posts
have you changed the springs on your car?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, haven't touched them.

I just got it back. I took it in hopes to get the tranmission jerking under control along with this pop resolved. They claimed to have fixed the tranny, and completed a cpu flash. The tech test drove it, heard the pop, brought it in to find the problem, couldn't, took it back and it stopped.

He had no idea but guessed it was some gravel or something stuck up there. Its possible since there is an apartment building being built right next door and the roads are litered with it.

Part of me wishes they would of found something, now I'll just be paranoid.

Junkie

·
Registered
99 Posts
i get that popping some times too but i have dropped my car...n it just went out the warranty like 6000 miles ago...what should i do? is it anything serious?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My tech suggested to rotated the wheel harshly, especially while the sespension is in use (speed bumps would be a good place) - he mentioned this may help losen or break anything that may have jumped in there.

I don't know how much I like this idea, but its what he suggested.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
If you get it when you've changed your suspension at all, it could either be because the springs aren't seated properly or because the bolts on the top of the strut tower aren't tightened to the correct torque spec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The front shocks are the culprit ...you need to get the modified ones without the spring valves inside my car had the same noise going over speed bumps.

Regards Daz

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If you get it when you've changed your suspension at all, it could either be because the springs aren't seated properly or because the bolts on the top of the strut tower aren't tightened to the correct torque spec.
[/b]

What is the correct torque then? I am getting this pretty bady and i did do my own springs.

Also, can i tighten them from the top under the hood without removing the springs and recompressing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts