Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Holy cow balls!! That's awesome. Tell us more about what you've had to do so far to keep it running.
not a whole lot given the miles. engine and transmission are both original. control arms and water pump were replaced last year. ignition coils and valve cover/intake manifold gaskets were replaced the year before that. earlier, the maf sensor and intake hose were replaced...that's about it for internal stuff. externally, i replaced couple of cracked wheels and the headlight assemblies. got those used from ebay or salvage yards. it leaks some oil...not too bad like a quart every 1-2k miles, but it drips on the exhaust manifold which makes it smoke...which sucks but i'm not planning to fix it. a set of rotors are warped right now, trying to get by without replacing those. other than that, it's running ok. i try not to push it too hard.
Well done!! This gives me hope.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Mazda 6i 2.3l 97k miles, manual transmission bose, leather interior. fresh off maintanence, tune up, body detailing/touch up. First gen 6 is the most beautiful. New cars these days just look awful.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
07 sedan, 145k, getting the TLC she deserves.

spark plug changed turned into spark plugs, coils, valve cover gaskets, intake plenum gaskets, tb cleaning, egr cleaning, MAF cleaning, new pcv, new air filter, ocv seals, injector cleaning, water pump belt, valve cover cleaning and painting, fuel rail cleaning, and painting, and whatever else I find as I keep digging in.

Not to mention two new precats and all new 02 sensors, with new exhaust piping to replace the rusty one in the pic. Then I'm thinking brake flush, new seats, carpet and backup camera.

I would do more but i realllllly want a hatch/wagon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sedan here! 2003 6s atx in Lapis Blue. Has been sitting in a neighbors driveway for a few years getting occasional use and just bought her with 71k. putting her back into shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
quick update on where i stand in my quest to 400k miles. it was an expensive week...last week i needed front brakes/rotors and ended up replacing a ball joint and both front axles. fast forward to monday, i started seeing steam coming from the engine compartment. thought it was the top hose, ended up being the top of the radiator so i replaced as well. i'm not sure i would've kept the car if i knew i needed all that last week. other than an oil leak, engine and tranny are still going strong. refer to my previous post in this thread to see the other stuff i had done.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
From the photos doesn't look like it has almost 400k! Great job keep it going:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Put a lot of TLC in my mazda after I was beaten up by three owners and now drives wonderfully, should be getting a new passenger mirror assembly to replace the mirror that broke off in the car wash. Before the previous owner broke the mirror off and screwed it back on and the screws finally broke, I had to laugh at it when I was in the car wash watching it shake around hanging off with only the wire holding it to the car. But stopped laughing when I saw water entering the cabin through the tweeter but all is well. Just need a noisy lifter fixed. After the car warms up it makes a ticking sound up until I reach 2500rpm then it goes away. 160k miles oil change twice a year added a viper remote start and security with multiple alarm triggers and after market sound system with 2 12” subs powered by 2400 peak watt amp all on stock alternator with no charging problems as of yet. Also hardwired a dash cam front and back for safety and insurance reasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked into dash cams and did my research for a while. What I learned was that many of them don’t last more than a year or so because the batteries and other parts fail due to heat and cold in an automotive application. Makes sense for something that is constantly on.

Typically dash cams without screens last longer because there are less parts to fail, less heat and battery demand.

I found a South Korean brand called DDPai that makes really good cams, nice slick designs, good quality, and they don’t have screens which I like because it’s too distracting at night. They seem to last the longest and have good quality video. They’re at a comparable price point to the other dash cams on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
26 Participants
johnmichael
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing