Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Wagon love runs deep. We are a dedicated bunch.

Not going to argue that point, I follow the Wagon Love Page lol. I respect it, those wagons are definitely an interesting and rare find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
2004 Wagon, bought used (it had been a lease return) in 2006 with 20,000 miles on the odo; currently at 125,000 miles. Every replacement part and fluid put into the car since 2006 has been the very top quality/performance option available, and has been installed at the proper time in the maintenance schedule. That practice has paid off with solid, reliable performance. Photo taken in Tract D of the Yakima Indian Reservation in Washington State.
This is awesome!! I love that you're out and about gettin' her dirty! We definitely need some photos of your machine over on our wagon love page. Go check it out and put up some pictures.

https://www.google.com/amp/forum.mazda6club.com/picture-videos/426057-wagon-love-post-up-your-photos.html?amp=1

PS... awesome that you live in the Pac NW. We have two other WA wagons that I know of and another one down in OR. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We got another wagon! In case anyone didn't notice that makes 50% of the first gens (or at least the ones that have voted) wagons!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Would have thought there are more speed6 owners out there. But then again maybe they hang out on another forum.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
We got another wagon! In case anyone didn't notice that makes 50% of the first gens (or at least the ones that have voted) wagons!
There has been a surge of new wagons on the forum of late. I must say it is quite fun to see the resurgence of the long top!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love my wagon, way more fun to drive than my 4 cylinder gen 2. The smoothness and power of the V6 is very apparent, however you do pay for it at the gas pump though. I’m averaging about 18mpg this winter as opposed to 20mpg for my gen 2. The wagon also is way more versatile, it was quite handy when I moved homes. It has 184k kms on her. Still debating whether I have the leaky timing cover/ oil pan fixed which apparently is a pricey fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
05s 5 door...bought it new. trying to get to 400k miles...getting very close
Holy cow balls!! That's awesome. Tell us more about what you've had to do so far to keep it running.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
32 Posts
Holy cow balls!! That's awesome. Tell us more about what you've had to do so far to keep it running.
not a whole lot given the miles. engine and transmission are both original. control arms and water pump were replaced last year. ignition coils and valve cover/intake manifold gaskets were replaced the year before that. earlier, the maf sensor and intake hose were replaced...that's about it for internal stuff. externally, i replaced couple of cracked wheels and the headlight assemblies. got those used from ebay or salvage yards. it leaks some oil...not too bad like a quart every 1-2k miles, but it drips on the exhaust manifold which makes it smoke...which sucks but i'm not planning to fix it. a set of rotors are warped right now, trying to get by without replacing those. other than that, it's running ok. i try not to push it too hard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a '04 Sedan with 87k miles on it. I've had it for just about a month. Got it from auction but the title is clean. My only issues have been one of the control arms and an exhaust leak that got fixed for inspection. I need to replace the other arm soon. Lot's of cosmetic work needs to be done. Parts of the hood are starting to rust and headliner is held in with staples.

I've already put 500 miles on it and plan on driving this car for as long as I can. I much prefer this car to the family's Honda Odyssey I was driving before. That transmission was rough.

I had a good drive today from the North Boston area to NH-1A (That road is beautiful) and back. Sliding around in the snow was fun and dumb. Now I know next winter to get some snow tires. I could barely start from a red light.

To date I've only seen one other Gen 1 Mazda6 on the road :(.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
@ignis0 I have the same problem in the snow I have also come to the conclusion I need winter tires next winter. I cant believe you've only ever seen one other 1st gen, I see them all the time here in Ohio, at least 2 or 3 every day they are generally the 1.0 body style and always sedans but 1st gens none the less.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
26 Participants
johnmichael
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing