Mazda 6 Forums banner

A Poll For 1st Gens

12K views 86 replies 32 participants last post by  DrFeelGood 
#1 · (Edited)
There have been quite a few new 1st gens on here lately, but I see/hear people say that their population is dwindling, so I am curious as to how many first gens are on here. And even more curious as to which version of the first gen is the most popular on here, Sedan, Hatchback, Wagon, or Speed6. Please choose yours and feel free to post pics as well :smile2:

#3 ·
Hi! 04 wagon, 161k, correct transmission ?

#4 ·
2006 Hatchback GT-V6 MTX with factory navigation and every single available option for this model, 250k km (155k miles) everything in perfect working condition. Only flaw, some rust on rear quarter panels :frown2: and headliner needs upholstering. Currently in storage.

#6 ·
I really like your silver fog bezels, I also know all to well the rear quarter rust that you and @b1lk1 are experiencing :frown2:

#5 ·
'04 V6 full jam HATCHBACK 5spd. Picture looks better than real life, lol.

Needs rear quarters and a reworked mid pipe to get rid of the rasp. In the garage for the winter.

Attachments

#12 ·
Those... look good.

If mine weren't still in great shape, I'd be likely to get those. Hell, I'm tempted now anyway...

#10 ·
Howdy!

Attachments

#17 ·
A bit dirty at 6,500 feet

2004 Wagon, bought used (it had been a lease return) in 2006 with 20,000 miles on the odo; currently at 125,000 miles. Every replacement part and fluid put into the car since 2006 has been the very top quality/performance option available, and has been installed at the proper time in the maintenance schedule. That practice has paid off with solid, reliable performance. Photo taken in Tract D of the Yakima Indian Reservation in Washington State.

Attachments

#18 ·
2004 Wagon, bought used (it had been a lease return) in 2006 with 20,000 miles on the odo; currently at 125,000 miles. Every replacement part and fluid put into the car since 2006 has been the very top quality/performance option available, and has been installed at the proper time in the maintenance schedule. That practice has paid off with solid, reliable performance. Photo taken in Tract D of the Yakima Indian Reservation in Washington State.
Looks great and used well!

#19 ·
Here's my 2006 6s Grand Touring. Picked it up last October with only 107k miles on it. It needed some basic engine and some interior work to get it into shape, but I plan on keeping her going for as long as I can.

Attachments

#20 ·
So far only 19 1st gens, and almost half of them are wagons, that was an unexpected turnout!

#22 · (Edited)
Not going to argue that point, I follow the Wagon Love Page lol. I respect it, those wagons are definitely an interesting and rare find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
We got another wagon! In case anyone didn't notice that makes 50% of the first gens (or at least the ones that have voted) wagons!

#29 ·
Would have thought there are more speed6 owners out there. But then again maybe they hang out on another forum.

#31 · (Edited)
Love my wagon, way more fun to drive than my 4 cylinder gen 2. The smoothness and power of the V6 is very apparent, however you do pay for it at the gas pump though. I’m averaging about 18mpg this winter as opposed to 20mpg for my gen 2. The wagon also is way more versatile, it was quite handy when I moved homes. It has 184k kms on her. Still debating whether I have the leaky timing cover/ oil pan fixed which apparently is a pricey fix.

Attachments

#39 ·
I've got a '04 Sedan with 87k miles on it. I've had it for just about a month. Got it from auction but the title is clean. My only issues have been one of the control arms and an exhaust leak that got fixed for inspection. I need to replace the other arm soon. Lot's of cosmetic work needs to be done. Parts of the hood are starting to rust and headliner is held in with staples.

I've already put 500 miles on it and plan on driving this car for as long as I can. I much prefer this car to the family's Honda Odyssey I was driving before. That transmission was rough.

I had a good drive today from the North Boston area to NH-1A (That road is beautiful) and back. Sliding around in the snow was fun and dumb. Now I know next winter to get some snow tires. I could barely start from a red light.

To date I've only seen one other Gen 1 Mazda6 on the road :(.

Attachments

#40 ·
@ignis0 I have the same problem in the snow I have also come to the conclusion I need winter tires next winter. I cant believe you've only ever seen one other 1st gen, I see them all the time here in Ohio, at least 2 or 3 every day they are generally the 1.0 body style and always sedans but 1st gens none the less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.