Mazda 6 Forums banner

A-Pillar Tweeter install

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ThatOneGuy93 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have some new midrange speakers coming tomorrow after some trial-and-error testing with other midranges that didn't compliment my component set up front and I curious if anyone knows the depth of available space behind the A-Pillars in a 3rd Gen 6 (2016 Sport would be extra helpful).

I need to relocate my tweeters and can't think of anywhere else to put them that would work well with the mids going into the dash corners. I have Alpine S-S65C components in the front and can take the tweeter out of the housing it came with but am hoping there is enough room where I don't have to as it will give a nice flush mounted look (and hide any blemishes from hole-sawing my way through the pillar).

I'm open to alternatives if anyone is running a 3-way front stage in their 6 that does not have the Bose package. I've also thought about the putting them in the doors with the woofers but can't picture that looking as clean.

#2 ·
Why are you adding extra speakers to the components? Unless you run active, they arent going to fit musically.

#3 ·
I am going to run full active up front. I just scored an Audison BitOne for $200 to replace the BitTen and DQ-61 I'm currently using.

I'll have:

AlpIne 6.5 woofers in the front doors
Alpine 30MC mids in the dash corners
Alpine tweeters in either A-Pillars or somewhere else
Infinity Kappa 62.11 coax in the rear doors
Alpine S-W8D4 sub in the trunk

I'm considering removing the Inifinty Kappas in the rear doors despite running new wire through the molex connectors over the weekend to finally get rid of the factory wiring. I'm not sure if they'll add any benefit to the 3-way front stage.

#4 ·
Honestly, if you never have passengers, or for a very short time, id just leave the rear doors blank. It might cause too much trouble trying to tune the system. Same with the rear fill in the rear deck.

#5 ·
I almost never have anyone in the backseat and think it's been 2-3 times in the last year. I'll probably run them for a few days to see how they sound after tuning my front stage and make my decision afterward. Wouldn't hurt to take them out and cover the holes with more sound deadening!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.