Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who - 2016 Sport Nav Estate Manual 22,000 miles.
What - Driver Side A Pillar Trim Rattle
When - The rattle is pretty constant, but mainly over rough roads. I have owned my car for 3 months, the rattle started a week after purchase. (From dealer)
Where - United Kingdom

Hi everyone.
Couple questions.

I'm having an irritating issue with driver side A Pillar Trim rattle in my 2016 Sport Nav estate which I purchased around 2 months ago from a dealer. I have tried contacting them on multiple occasions, but I've not heard back.

The rattle is most prominent when going over rough roads. However, the rattle is there pretty much all the time. The issue started roughly a week or so after purchase.
I can replicate the sound by tapping lightly on the lower third of the A Pillar trim near where the trim meets the dash and windscreen. The trim seems to have alot of movement, and requires barely any force to replicate the rattle.
I have had my car in at my local garage, but they were 'Unable to hear or replicate the issue'.

So, my questions are.
How likely is it that the A Pillar trim itself is the issue?
How do I go about removing the A Pillar trim.
How do I go about reinstalling the repaired or replacement A Pillar trim also?

I have found these instructions but I find them awkward to understand: Mazda 6 Service Manual - A-pillar trim removal - Trim

I have circled the point where the rattle is loudest when tapping.

20200611_123338[1].jpg

Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youve tried "contacting them"? You didnt go back to them?
I phoned the dealer today, and they informed me to take the vehicle down to them for an inspection.

So, I popped down there only to be told by the Service Manager that the garage is only open for "Essential Works". Which I understand, but they could have told me that on the phone!

If the dealer is able to fix the issue, I need to wait until Scottish government relaxes the lockdown further

1 - 3 of 3 Posts