Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Another red one!! I was at a wreckers two months ago, looking for parts for my other Mazda, and I saw a red speed6. Rear-ended. Everything from the rear-set forwards was in pristine condition. Seemed to me like an accident where the driver of the speed6 wasn't at fault.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
1,200 km.

I think the reason for this one is fairly obvious.

:)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
And there's a regular silver 6 right beside the Speed6 in the picture too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Someone got a car they could not handle....

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
my original post about the regular 6 beside it was more of a "Oh crap! Why do there seem to be so many 6's getting totalled!" type of reaction. I know most scrap yards group them together. Was just kinda going...darn, another 6 bites the dust (along with the Speed6). On a side note, I think Mazda designed the car to have the intercooler top mounted just so it was less likely to get damaged in a frontal collision. Guess it didn't help in this case to keep the damage down.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How the heck can that be totaled? That is definitely fixable, especially on a $28K car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I wonder what it would cost to part that out. Wish i could find a speed 6 at the yard here. The guy doesn't know shit and would sell the engine for $100 probably.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Its probably fixable but not worth it to an insurance company. If theres frame damage, engine damage, airbags deployed, etc. its a lot of money for replacement. They have to pay for the really high costs of labor + potential costs of a rental car for the time it would take to fix and a lot of time and effort to keep up on the repairs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The cost of the repairs have to be greater than 80% the estimated value of the vehicle for a vehicle to be totalled.

At least that's what I was told.

·
Registered
153 Posts
maybe it's fixable but we don't know what the driverside has as far as damage or the backside either. :sarc:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Even if it is fixable.....It will never be the same again.

Mostly 9 out of 10 all refurbished cars from accidents NEver drive the same.

There will be issues down the road

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
16 Participants
J Dragon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing