Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend and I both collected our new Mazdas ( from the same dealer ) late last year.
Mine: Pacific Blue Sports Hatch. His: Silver Contrail Luxury Hatch.

For those people interested in the difference between the two ( with and without bodykit ) it should be of some interest.

BTW - Please forgive the quality - they are scanned prints, and for some reason look even worse on the net than here on Paintshop. I'll take some more when I get my new digicam.

Enjoy:D :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replying to Topic 'A Pair of Sixes'

Originally posted by Sixual

how do you post pics on here?  I have a few pics of my car to post :)

~Kyle[/b]
You need a picture host service like picturetrail.com or photoisland.com
Upload you pics there, then use the "link for auction" or just right click and select properties for the picture path

Hit the "img" button here when you compose your post & copy that path into the text box

·
Registered
119 Posts

Yeah, liked your pics comparing the 6's. Thanks.

Whats the tint grade in the silver one, its sooooo dark & looks great.

Don't the seppos get the hatch version ?

Is that the only way to upload pics ?

I get mine on Monday & want to post pics to share

cheers

ozpearl6

So Many Roads, So Little Time !

·
Registered
510 Posts

hi Bihus,

No, The Model with the Fog-Lamps mounted down low in the spoiler don't have them in the Headlight cluster, thats why you can see it looks darker........

However, it probably wouldn't be much trouble to get them re-installed ???????

·
Registered
60 Posts

Thanx for the pics VB, they both look great!

My 6 looks just like your mate's silver one except that mine's the Classic with 17" wheels and the sports grill. Good comparison.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Were the 17" wheels an option at your Mazda dealer? I only seen them have the 15 or 16" alloys on their options list, no 17" listed.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by PimpDaddyKABZ

those aren't the 6S' are they?[/b]
Those are the hatchback models which aren't available in the US just yet. Mazda promises that they'll be released later this year (dealers I've talked to said the summer); but chances are they're going to be released in December this year as 2004 models in the same way that the 6 sedan was released this past December as a 2003 model.

All I know is that I'm more than likely going to wait for the hatchbacks. They have a sleeker look to them, with a more aggressive stance and much fuller looking rear than the sedan. That's not to say the sedan isn't sweet, but I just like the hatchback better.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Originally posted by Activematic

Were the 17" wheels an option at your Mazda dealer? I only seen them have the 15 or 16" alloys on their options list, no 17" listed.[/b]
Hi Activematic,

No they weren't an official option and it took a lot negotiating to get them. I basically told the dealer if he could get them for me he'd have a sale, otherwise not. He did a deal with the local tyre place to buy the original 16" wheels and tyres and then ordered the 17" through spares - they took about 4 weeks to get here. They charged me A$2600 for the 17" wheels and tyres, then gave me back A$1000 for the stock 16" wheels and tyres. I thought the overall cost to me of $1600 was worth it. Still cheaper then getting the Luxury!

The only dealer that was willing to come to the party was a Newcastle based dealer. I asked at about 4 dealers in Sydney and they all just shrugged their shoulders and said they couldn't do it which is stupid because I noticed the 17" wheels are an official option in NZ!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Originally posted by ozpearl6

Yeah, liked your pics comparing the 6's. Thanks.  

Whats the tint grade in the silver one, its sooooo dark & looks great.[/b]
Actually, we both have the same tint - ordered through the Mazda dealer. It's a standard 35% tint.
Sentry window tinting is the company who does it, though you can get the same stuff from Solartint, Sol-Ace etc.

I think it just looks darker on the Silver car because of the contrast.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Yes I agree. My Silver Contrail 6 also has a 35% tint and it looks dark as well. I think 35% is plenty and doesn't affect night time vision. My old car had a darker tint (not sure how much) and it really affected night time vision. I prefer 35% by far.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.