Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I myself have a 04 GSi4 hatchback
I saw the mazdaspeed parts in store (btw I live in BC Canada)
and I saw the lower springs for my car
I have heard that it's bad just to change the springs not the coil/shox for it?
can anybody give me an answer for it please :(

·
Registered
484 Posts
The short answer would be to search. ;) For future questions, searching is the best place to start.

For example, in the very first post of the top-most sticky in this section you can find the following quote:
Lowering springs will have a degenerative effect on your stock shocks. The stock setup has 2.5 inches of suspension travel. The amount that you lower your car reduces the amount of suspension travel your car has. Springs are a cheap and easy way to lower your car for looks, and gain performance from the suspension. If you are worried about shock life, I would suggest not going with a harsh spring. The mildest spring is the Racing Beats which will have the least amount of effect on your shock life, however the drop is very mild and does not even out your fender gap.[/b]
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=39938

That same topic is a good place to start looking for which springs you want. If you're not interested in changing both the springs and dampers, my suggestion is the Racing Beat springs (which I have). The drop is the smallest available, so you'll likely get the longest life out of the shocks (although they WILL have to be replaced eventually).

Welcome to the boards, and please place your location in your profile. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much
I just phoned my dealership and asked about the mazdaspeed springs
i also saw the thread with all the aftermarket springs..
but is mazdaspeed springs worth it? if i am not changing the dampers etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
lunarsky
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing