Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I can't have much fun in a straight line due to the shit gas the dealer gave me I decided to hit the twisties instead. I turned on the nav zoomed out and looked for the best road on the map, found an awesome new road I have never been on before, I must say the handling of this 3700lb car is AMAZING, it was so confident through the tightest of corners, I was scared to push it any harder, but it didn't complain at all. I can't believe how much more fun this car is than the fwd sol in the corners, I hit the apex and punch it and the car rotates sooo nice, no understear at all. On a couple slow sharp ones the rear end came out slightly but very controlable and very predictable. I had a blast. It started to get dark so i checked the nav for some forest preserves etc and found a couple cool places to take pictures, attached below is what I took. I give this car an A for handling, I can't wait to be able to get on the gas.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I guess you'll get over the del. LOL!!! Nice story.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you'll get over the del. LOL!!! Nice story.
[/b]
keeping the del, it is gonna get rebuilt completely in a year or so... It is a much better race car than the 6, just no where near as comfy and fun on public streets.

I'm taking a long trip tomorrow, so I will get a chance to run out all this shit gas and refill... Im keeping my fingers crossed that solves my power problem.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
For some added protection.... when you get to the gas station... make sure the gas is really low... put in 93 (if you can find higher race gas use it)... but when filling up disconnect the negative terminal of the battery... computer will learn all over again...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can't sue the dealer but I would give them an earful... Glad you like the car now get it tinted and lowered!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice pics now you need to take some day ones :thumbup:

Is that a sirius antenna I spot on your trunk?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have dibs on the Speed6 when he kills himself riding on the Ninja!

:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have dibs on the Speed6 when he kills himself riding on the Ninja!
:D
[/b]

Not a good joke, lots of people die on bikes for real, and many riders don't take kindly to shit like that, especially ones that lost good friends on bikes. I wear full gear, but it is still scay riding out there next to a semi with nothing between you and it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I understand that, my brother in law was in a pretty serious accident because some idiots were checking out his BMW bike and swerved into him and forced him into the median wall. It is good to hear that you wear full gear, I can't believe that people even get onto bikes without helmets, let alone gear. I'm not trying to make a bad joke, I'm just jealous of all your toys!

Just one question though, why do it if it is so scary? I know that I could be as careful as possible (like I am in my car) and still get t-boned by some drunk dumbass. Why put yourself in that position? I can still be killed in a car wreck, but the chances are somewhat lower than if I were to ride a bike.

I haven't been on a bike so I don't know the rush, and it is probably something that you have to do and are immediately addicted to.

:cheers:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand that, my brother in law was in a pretty serious accident because some idiots were checking out his BMW bike and swerved into him and forced him into the median wall. It is good to hear that you wear full gear, I can't believe that people even get onto bikes without helmets, let alone gear. I'm not trying to make a bad joke, I'm just jealous of all your toys!

Just one question though, why do it if it is so scary? I know that I could be as careful as possible (like I am in my car) and still get t-boned by some drunk dumbass. Why put yourself in that position? I can still be killed in a car wreck, but the chances are somewhat lower than if I were to ride a bike.

I haven't been on a bike so I don't know the rush, and it is probably something that you have to do and are immediately addicted to.

:cheers:
[/b]
Alright, its cool than. Why ride? Well i think it is the freedom, it is the best feeling in the world, there is nothing like it, and if you do it once, you wont stop. You just have to be as careful as possible, drive safe, keep a VERY watchful eye and say your prayers (i'm not religous, but there is a big risk). I love it more than anything, it is worth the risk, but I am not going to increase my odds by being stupid or not wearing gear.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No wonder you think your speed6 is slow...
[/b]
Yeah, what's the next toy, an F-16? :drive:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
Alan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing