Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my warranty is out about 6k miles ago and my alarm is busted. if i leave my car after arming it for 2 hours it will trip automatically. i brought it to a car audio/security shop they said it will be 200 for a compustar unit the lowest grade including install. is this worth the price?

how much has it cost yall for aftermarket alarms and which ones are the best value?

i read that viper n clifford are just expensive and they dont even make their own units which is why compustar has an advantage especially in terms of warranty issues.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i read that viper n clifford are just expensive and they dont even make their own units which is why compustar has an advantage especially in terms of warranty issues.
[/b]
I would really be interested in finding out where you "read" this information. I know of no 12v trade or consumer magazine that would say this. That must mean you "read" it on the internet... which means it's true right?

Why would it even matter that Clifford or Viper do not make their own units? You would be astounded at the stuff you have in your car or sitting at home that was not "built" by person on that silkscreened label.

DEI (parent of Viper and Clifford) is one of the most respected vehicle security names in the world. They have an enormous R&D team and have contributed hugely to the 12volt industry. The Snake Pit is a great example of this.

True... many of their products are shared between other DEI lines. But much of your beloved Mazda6 has FoMoCo plastered on it.

Almost anybody with 20 minutes of installation experience will tell you that they are some of the easiest to install, best quality products on the market. Period.

Take it from someone with HEAVY experience. Things in this world are not more expensive "just because". Particularly when it comes to consumer electronics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts