Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum!

I owned an '01 manual civic ex for over 5 years while saving up for an S2000. Over that time however I wised up a lot, learning i'd need at least a 4-seater for a daily driver with trunk space. I dropped my money into an RX-8 and loved it till it broke down the first time... and second, third, as well as the fourth times. That SOB was as bad as the piss poor customer service I received. I had documented everything and took it back to Mazda requesting my money back.

They, instead, sneakily waived this car in front of me that I had never heard of... a "Mazdaspeed 6." I wasn't interested, I HATED them! But a simple test drive couldn't hurt right? :) Well..... thirty minutes later I was sold. I researched the car for a little while and traded for it within the week.

I never thought I'd be as happy or proud to own a car as I do now with my msp6. I've had it for six months now and for the first time am modding one of my cars (performance wise) :D I've already bought the corksport SRI and have a friend selling me a NGR type-S blow-off valve for $70. I have enough to buy a TBE but have seen wayyyy too many threads and posts about CP-E and CS being too loud for your daily driver.. (plus i drive over an hour on a 75 mph highway twice a week every week, cruising at 80 i sit at 3k rpms in 6th).

I am going to get either the trip dash gauge pod or the dual vent pod by block8head and the black-out emblem/reflector kit.

I race around a lot with my friend and his new BMW 335ix.. it's his first manual car so I never have trouble winning for now at least ;)

I just wanted to say thank you for all the great information I've found on this forum! I am very new to modding cars and have questions that I may end up posting if I can't figure it out through searches on here, google, and other forums. I've been lurking for two months learning EVERYTHING I can, this place has been a tremendous help.

·
Registered
319 Posts
welcome to the club. you will def find a lot of info on here! just make sure you do all your homework before modding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts