Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Started working on pricing with the only local dealership today.

4 year [email protected]%

Vehicle selling point.35,080

Lease End Term Value.16.639

Base monthly.546
Tax In.628.43

This is just a base price to start at. Nothing's been fooled with. I've got a couple of ideas, ie. Higher residual. No way is that car going to depreciate 19,000 in 4 years based on 20, 000km a year.

Thougts on this from you guru's? :D

Whoops. Forgot this is a GT-V6 with every package possible. I'm aware of MSRP being 34, 060 on this :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Replying to Topic 'A lease quote to play around with'

If that's with $0 down, it's about right. Too bad the interest is so high on leases! That might make me turn over to a purchase, if I can get say 4.9% as they are advertising for the Tribute right now... Keep us posted!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reading Topic: A lease quote to play around with

7,5% is the interest rate Mazda Canada gave me.

We have a way to reduce it :
you can reduce it by 2,5% (so it give 5% instead of 7,5%). How?
-by putting 10 times your monthly payment : 5460$ cash down
your price will be reduces and you'll take your cash down back at the end of the lease. It's pretty interesting at the end because you will save a good amount at the end. But you need to have that cash down.

I DO!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Really? I was under the impression that down payments will only lower monthly payments. That alone will lower it by about 130 a month?

How does that work any different than a normal downpayment? Get where I'm coming from? Every 1000 works out to $20 less on monthly lease. So do you mean that you'll get the 5% on the price after that much goes for a down? :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

How does that work? I'm dying to know.

Been doing a few calculations on that. And if I put 5460 down and a 5% on the remaining 29xxx That brings payment down to about 371. If I can raise that residual to about 18,000 then it's down to 335. That's what I was paying for the Protege for god's sake! :D

But how does that work? How can you get that 2.5% off your lease? Is this a deal only offered with your dealership or what? lol

·
Registered
231 Posts

I think he means that you are not paying interest on that extra money so that in effect you are saving... sort of.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by solarbear

I think he means that you are not paying interest on that extra money so that in effect you are saving... sort of.[/b]
:D Nice explanation. I'm going to have to wait for him to explain. I can't figure it out completely and he's got my hopes up :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah I still can't quite figure that out without more info :D

·
Registered
391 Posts

Sorry, I didn't read your message...

I'll explain to you how the multiple deposit works :

for an example, with $0 down payment, 7,5% interest, 46% residual value, you would pay (example) $565/month + taxes.

if you put 1 multiple deposit of $565, your interest will go down by 0,25%. If you give 5 multiple deposit of $565 ($2825); your interest will go down by 1,25%. The maximum of multiple deposit you can give is 10 times, so a maximum of $5650 would give you an interest of 2,5% (where I get the 5% total).

Note : you have to give those multiple deposit at the same time you sign the contract. At the end of the contract, your $5650 is coming back to you (because it's like if you put money at the bank, more you have money, more you receive interests).

It's not like a cash down. Let me explain in that example :

TOTAL PRICE OF THE CAR w/taxes : around $40 000

example 1 :
$0 cash down, $0 multiple deposit, 7,5%, 48 months = around $650/month (taxes included)

So at the end, you will pay a grand total of (48x650) = $31200

example 2 :
$13 000 cash down, $0 multiple deposit, 7,5%, 48 months = around $340/month (taxes included)

At the end, you will pay a grand total of (48x340)+13 000 = $29320
-you already save $1880.

exemple 3 :
$7000 cash down, $6000 (approx.); 5%, 48 months = around $430/month (taxes included)

At the end, you'll pay a grand total of (48x430)+7000+6000= $33640
-BUT YOUR 6000$ is coming back to you, so : 33640-6000= $27640
-you save $3560.

Example 4 :
$0 cash down, $6000 (approx.); 5%, 48 months = around $580/month (taxes included)

At the end, you'll pay a grand total of (48x580)+6000= $33840
-BUT YOUR 6000$ is coming back to you, so : 33840-6000= $27840
-you save $3360.

So for the amount you put at the beginning, the example 4 is the best one if you don't have $13000 in your pockets, but $6000.

I hope my explanations are good.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wow. I'm guessing dealerships don't promote this. Well based on 48 [email protected]% I was quoted 546.46+tx=628.43. On a vehicle that they sell for 35,065. Oh and that was @ 16,639 residual. I'm hoping I can get more than that on residual.

I say I can go in one day, ready with deposit, and get that down to 34? Can you estimate what I'll look at then if I put the 5460 down and @ 5% afterwards? Thanks for your help on this. You'll save me alot of money :)

·
Registered
391 Posts

I don't know, I would have to ask the dealership.

For sure, in a year, the sedan will be at a lower interest rate (maybe 4,9%) and $17000 residual, but you would have to wait a year and at that time, I'm sure you'll want the hatchback (at the same residual and % as the sedan is for now)...

Ask your dealership if it's possible to have the multiple deposit in NL. I don't know if they can offer it outside of Quebec, I have no idea.

I looked at the Nissan Maxima SE, Automatic, fully loaded and it would cost me 15$ less than the 6 I ordered, but I prefer the 6 and it's a brand new model. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the info anyways. Think I can get it more than 500 lower than MSRP when PDI, blah, blah is included in the MSRP?

·
Registered
391 Posts

yes, why not. Just go to different dealerships and ask for the best price. You'll have a good deal somewhere...

·
Registered
240 Posts

Originally posted by MAZDA 6 FREAK

yes, why not. Just go to different dealerships and ask for the best price. You'll have a good deal somewhere...[/b]
Other than ON and QC, shoppers in other provinces don't have much choices once it come to looking for Mazda dealers. It might be hard to get good price for them since Mazda dealers only have to compete with other car brand names other than Mazda. But in QC you guys are in the best situation. You got the three biggest Mazda dealer in Canada , one being the biggest in NA. They have to compete among them, so some of you get very good deals. I went shopping in MTL, I was surprise. But finally I put an order within my own province ON. It ends up pretty close in terms of price. But I just image being in a province where there are only two Mazda dealers. No much room for dealing.

am I wrong or what? Lately I have seen some MSRP from different sources which publish higher MSRP each month! The model I was looking was initially at $25195, later I have seen it at $25300, now on Yahoo.ca $25395 ????

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

lol. Yeah. We have 1 dealer here. That's it. So I'll play that I'm interested in something like an Audi for this one :D

·
Registered
391 Posts

am I wrong or what? Lately I have seen some MSRP from different sources which publish higher MSRP each month! The model I was looking was initially at $25195, later I have seen it at $25300, now on Yahoo.ca $25395 ????[/b]
Be careful, I saw a lot of wrong informations on the web and magazines. Ask your dealership, Mazda is the only one who can decide it (and it didn't change since the first time I received the MRSP from my dealership)...

lol. Yeah. We have 1 dealer here. That's it. So I'll play that I'm interested in something like an Audi for this one[/b]
Yeah, or tell them you really like the Altima or Maxima fully loaded (the price is even lower for the same conditions - because they have better residual value and Interest rate)

Good shopping!:)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: A lease quote to play around with

Yeah ok. I'll go and get a quote on an Altima just to be well-informed on it.

I don't mind a higher payment if justified. But to tell me a car with 17's, a V6, leather, etc. with 80.000km and an MSRP of 34,060 is going to be worth 16,639 in 4 years. I don't think so. I know domestics that don't depreciate that much. Mind if I ask the average residual for the Mazda6 in Quebec?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: A lease quote to play around with

I just got .5 of a % off as I almost was killed and wrote off one of their cars. Phoned up Mazda Canada and they gave me .5% off.

Also thanks Mazda 6 Freak. They also do multiple deposits. They didn't even know about it. Had to phone Mazda Canada about it. So,between now and May, if the interest rate goes down, from it's 7.1%, to 6.5% say, and I put down 10 times a payment. That will bring my lease down to 4% :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts