Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my 6i today at lunch an an [email protected] on a cell phone tried to to merge me into a wall. :( I floored it while hitting the horn and somehow squeeked by. My car is only 5 weeks old yesterday (Still does not have plates). I saw my 6's life pass before my eyes and thought this was the end. Just a note I have the 4cly with the auto and I was suprised by the acceleration when I floored it. I have been playing with the auto stick alot and have come to the conclusion that controlling the trans manually is only faster from a stand still. The auto does a better job of choosing gears in all other situations especially with the TCS off.

Dave

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: An Jerk on a CELL PHONE Tried to Kill my 6

Yeah, people on the roads are assholes. The other day I had almost 4 accidents, two of which were at the same red light at the same time. The other one was on a highway route when someone from the oncoming lane drove in my lane. People like that should just die.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Same thing happened to me, but is was some A-hole in a red work truck, then he had the nerve to give me the finger!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Mine was fender-bendered two weeks ago by a girl ON A CELLPHONE!!!! I hate cell-phones :(

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Replying to Topic 'An Jerk on a CELL PHONE Tried to Kill my 6'

Gecko, people like that usually do just die. ;) The sad part is that they bring other people into harms way with their stupidity. However, if no one else is hurt, I'm all for Darwin Award-style death (especially if cell-phones are involved).

The interesting thing about cell-phone driving is that it's not the fact that you're holding something in your hand that makes it dangerous, it's the attentional resources claimed by being in a conversation. Talking to someone else in the car is fine: they know when to shut up if your attention is required on the road. The person on the other end of the cell phone holds your attention regardless of the driving situation. So, technically, talking on a cellphone should be banned while driving (hands-free is not enough!).

·
Registered
90 Posts

Cell phones in cars really suck... Just wish that it was illegal to talk on cell phones all over the country. It's about my property as well my life and the life of the ones that I care about. And CvilleSix, you are 100% right, hands-free headsets just aren't enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts