Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this was a good deal that I got for my 2004 Mazda 6.

I bought it for 17000 with:

redfire metallic
4 cyl. automatic
17" rims
Appearance Package
14000 miles
cloth interior
electric drivers seat & auto down drivers window (is that standard?)
very minor scratches on outside
scratches around shifter (got it replaced under warranty)

Everything else I think is standard stock.

So just curious if I got a good deal or not? Thanks :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
the electric drivers seat is not standard IIRC, and i thought that only came with leather interior, i guess i was mistaken. anyway....sounds like you paid a little more than you should have considering it had 14K miles, it's a 4 cylinder, and it had scratches. Auto window is standard i believe unless they have a 6 with manual window controls, which i haven't seen.

also, it's an 04, it just seems you could have paid less.

·
Registered
206 Posts
that's about how much i paid for my 03 mazda 6, standard though. for me, i don't care how much it costed, i enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
206 Posts
i'll sell you mine for $40K out the door, i'll even put some mazdaspeed springs so you can enjoy the ride even more. PM me if interested :nana:
[/b]
No thanks, i'm not stupid or anything. i just meant i love my car,was a fair price, and it's worth every penny to me, not that i go aroung buying every cars ridiculous prices... :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
I paid $16,000 for mine. 2005 4 cyl. ATX, 18,000 miles. Completely stock except for 35% window tint.
[/b]
that's a pretty darn good deal. was there any problems with it? sound a little too good to be true, and for an 05 that's kinda high mileage. the main thing is ur happy wit it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't know if I'd pay that much for the 4 cylinder with that mileage though. I've seen used v6s going for around the same price. Anyway as long as you're happy that's what matters.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I paid just over 17 for my brand new 05 6i atx hatchback sport (MSRP 24470) after all rebates (3500) and discounts (about 3700). It seems like the late in the year 05 deals were the best in several years. I imagine that around this August, the 06's will be cut to the bone too.

17000 for a used 04 seems high to me. Car dealers know what people paid for these cars new, in other words they all know that there were/are incredible rebates involved, and used Mazda values reflect that. The dealer that you bought form probably gave the person about 14000 in real dollars for that car in trade, so he made a fortune.

That isn't to say that you could have gotten it cheaper if he wasn't willing to deal. It all depends on a person's willingness to walk away, how long the dealer has had the car, time of month, etc, etc.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

redfire metallic
4 cyl. automatic
17" rims
Appearance Package
14000 miles
cloth interior

[/b]
I dunno. My Redfire 6S (3.0L) with leather, bose, moonroof, sport package, and 57K miles (also minor scratches) is worth $17K, according to the Blue Book....so it sounds about right for yours...maybe a tad high, but that low mileage is sweet.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

redfire metallic
4 cyl. automatic
17" rims
Appearance Package
14000 miles
cloth interior

[/b]
Thats the exact same price I paid brand new for my 2005 mazda 6i atx about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hmmmm...it seems as though you paid a bit much, but what do i know...im new to the community...

i just got my 05i atx with 23k, 17" alloys, cloth, stock for 13,700
(are the extra airbags more $ too?...i think mine has like 8 bags or something?....lol....)

-Fusion-

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the electric drivers seat is not standard IIRC, and i thought that only came with leather interior, i guess i was mistaken. anyway....sounds like you paid a little more than you should have considering it had 14K miles, it's a 4 cylinder, and it had scratches. Auto window is standard i believe unless they have a 6 with manual window controls, which i haven't seen.

also, it's an 04, it just seems you could have paid less.
[/b]
I guess I should have put that I bought it in 2004. Plus the scratches on the exterior are extremely minor and you have to look really hard to see them. At the time I thought it was a good deal because everywhere else I looked for the 6 prices were higher... plus I got the appearance package on mine and that makes a world of difference. The original price was 21000 and they wanted to get it off the lot for 17000.

I dunno. My Redfire 6S (3.0L) with leather, bose, moonroof, sport package, and 57K miles (also minor scratches) is worth $17K, according to the Blue Book....so it sounds about right for yours...maybe a tad high, but that low mileage is sweet.
[/b]
Yours was probably $17K because of the high mileage... so we kinda did a swap... you got the goods, and I got the low miles, lol. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
I guess I should have put that I bought it in 2004. Plus the scratches on the exterior are extremely minor and you have to look really hard to see them. At the time I thought it was a good deal because everywhere else I looked for the 6 prices were higher... plus I got the appearance package on mine and that makes a world of difference. The original price was 21000 and they wanted to get it off the lot for 17000.
Yours was probably $17K because of the high mileage... so we kinda did a swap... you got the goods, and I got the low miles, lol. :)
[/b]
Haha... you bought it in 04? I think everyone here thinks you just bought it... Then yes that was a pretty good deal... I was gonna say... I just paid about 20.5k out the door for a 06 6i sport - atx....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid 14900 for a 2006 6i mtx w/ the side airbags as only option. sticker was 20-21000.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha... you bought it in 04? I think everyone here thinks you just bought it... Then yes that was a pretty good deal... I was gonna say... I just paid about 20.5k out the door for a 06 6i sport - atx....
[/b]
Yeah.. my bad, I bought it in 04', so any revised opinions anyone?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you got a good deal but you could have got a better one. Plus 14,000 miles is not a whole lot of miles. When I bought my 03 6 4 cylinder I got it used with 14,000 miles on it. It had an apperance package, premium sound, not scratches except for one itty bitty one I mean not even noticeable, leather, 17 inch rims, shift tronic, tinted windows and so on for 16,000 before taxes. I bought it in dec on 05. It was in the best of shape and whoever had it before me took really good care of it. Plus it still had the warranty on it and it made me happy. I just traded it in and if I was to sell it myself kbb value was 15,500. The dealer can still sell my trade in for 17,000 that is the reason why I did not let them try to only give me 10,500 for it or 12,500 like they said. I knew how much the car was worth and how much they were going to make on it. They paid it off fully which was 14,500 because I was not going threw the deal unless they paid my car off and gave me some discounts and meet with me on what I want. I had my black car and loved it. Basically if you act or really do not need a car be a hard ass and they will meet what you want. Expecially if you are trading in a car. They will try to get the most money out of you if you let them. But all in all I never has no problems and loved the car and it held its value darn good especially if I was to sell it myself. I think you will love it especially your pocket book will love it too. The only reason why I traded my 03 in is I wanted the V6 with the extras and full warranty. Other then that I would have kept it till the warranty ran out. Enjoy the car that you will not loose that much money on.

It also depends on where you are located at too. I could have got the mazdaspeed but I do not like driving sticks because I am a major multi tasker no I do not put on makeup but however in my area the mazda speed base price is going for 36,000 starting out. Hell with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
06 volcanic red
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing