Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, found this forum and thought I'd join since I just bought a 6 myself. I must say I've had my heart set on this car since it came out in 2002 and I had to spoil myself finally by getting one. I'm a broke Navy guy so I had to settle for a little older model but it was love at first site and am I weird that everytime I get out of the car i have to stare at it for about a minute before I walk away? 2004 6 S Orange in color, grey leather heated seating, sunroof, Bose cd system, 5 speed. It's my first ever 5 speed but I'm by no means a novice at driving one. I figured for a v6 215 bhp that the car would have a little more pickup than it does, but I'm anxious to work on it and maybe give her a little more kick. I've been researching exhaust kits and some short ram intake kits, but unsure as I have never modded before. Anyone got some good starter suggestions, within good price and possibly relatively easy installation? Thanks and once i decide to take my camera out of the trunk I will take a few pics and post them up here.[/b]
Really?That's so bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum and making my first post. This forum seems to have a lot of information and mostly intelligent members. I have been a member of several other vehicle forums and none of them have the wealth of knowlegde present here. Looking forward to learning experience in front of me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to Mazda and the threads I just bought my 2008 Mazda6 a week ago. Before that I drove a 1997 Acura TL 3.2 which I have loved driving for the last 7 years. I hope that the mazda will be give me as much enjoyment as my Acura did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, found this forum and thought I'd join since I just bought a 6 myself. I must say I've had my heart set on this car since it came out in 2002 and I had to spoil myself finally by getting one. I'm a broke Navy guy so I had to settle for a little older model but it was love at first site and am I weird that everytime I get out of the car i have to stare at it for about a minute before I walk away? 2004 6 S Orange in color, grey leather heated seating, sunroof, Bose cd system, 5 speed. It's my first ever 5 speed but I'm by no means a novice at driving one. I figured for a v6 215 bhp that the car would have a little more pickup than it does, but I'm anxious to work on it and maybe give her a little more kick. I've been researching exhaust kits and some short ram intake kits, but unsure as I have never modded before. Anyone got some good starter suggestions, within good price and possibly relatively easy installation? Thanks and once i decide to take my camera out of the trunk I will take a few pics and post them up here.[/b]
Hey this is my first post :laugh:

You know, nobody ever really answered this question and I am kinda wondering the same thing. I've never modded before, but am interested in doing so. What could I do to improve performance and get the most bang for the buck?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hey this is my first post :laugh:

You know, nobody ever really answered this question and I am kinda wondering the same thing. I've never modded before, but am interested in doing so. What could I do to improve performance and get the most bang for the buck?[/b]
Welcome to the club! No one ever answered that post because there is simply too much information and too many differing opinions to put into a single post, plus it varies depending on what type of 6 you have. The below post should help you get started, but really the answer to your question is going to be found by doing plain old research. There's lots of great information on this board. Spend some time searching and you will find the answer to your questions. Good luck.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=72142

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post,

Basically here to learn how to keep the beast running smooth without heading to dealer so often ( My latest connundrum (sp?) is changing a headlght). Man, the manual says see the dealer because its a complicated procedure. Hmm, me no rikey.

Anyway, I not much of a mechanic, but I'm a cheap b6sterd and persistent to boot. I changed my rotors last summer. A learning experience, to say the least.

I hope I can learn and also share any tips I can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a newbie with an 03 6S. Currently only have the following mods: Tanabe strut brace, K&N fitted in custom air-box, CF hood pins, triple-gauge dash cluster with ProSport gauges, CF shark fin, CF b&c pillars, satin fuel door, black tails, CF rear badge back, SS MagnaFlow cat-back, drilled/slotted rotors w/painted calipers, Racing Beat Springs, Racing Beat Sways, badgless grill, & rear lip.

Future hopefulls: CPE-MAF CI, long tube headers w/y-pipe and cats, stage 1 shift kit and their Standback once it comes out to manage future mods.

Still trying to figure out how to post my pics but I'm not sweat'n it 'cause I only have 3 with me over here in Iraq. I keep trying but it never takes, but it just might be due to the server over here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This came to me a long time ago. It's still funny, and just a little too true, IMHO
This, although tongue in cheek, is exactly what we are always trying to avoid. PLEASE READ IT. It's not here just because it's funny - It's real.

How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "Do a Search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to the forums. Bought a 2008 Mazda 6i back in February. I considered a Nissan Altima, but settled on the Mazda 6i, glad I did!! Great car, fast but great looking, handles curves like its on rails. I recently drove from Houston, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia. The car handles very well. Averaged around 29 mpg, driving an average of 80 mph.

41 - 60 of 216 Posts