Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I'm seriously thinking about getting the new Mazda6. I test drove a new v6 atuotmatic a couple of days ago and was impressed by the overall styling and pricing. However, the dealer had no cars with the sports package, and didn't have any manual transmission cars to drive.. Honestly, I expected a little bit more out of the v6 engine's 0-60 time, especially for having 220 hp... (comparing it to the bmw 325i, IS300, and accord I also test drove).. Does the manual transmission make the car that much quicker? What are the 0-60 times for the I-4 and V-6... One last question, the suspension wasnt exactly what I wanted. Does the sports package change the suspension? If so, what springs are on the Mazda6, I've heard they were made by Eibach, but is that true? If they're not Eibach, do they even make them for the car yet??

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'A couple of questions'

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I'm seriously thinking about getting the new Mazda6. I test drove a new v6 atuotmatic a couple of days ago and was impressed by the overall styling and pricing.

Welcome aboard.

However, the dealer had no cars with the sports package, and didn't have any manual transmission cars to drive.. Honestly, I expected a little bit more out of the v6 engine's 0-60 time, especially for having 220 hp... (comparing it to the bmw 325i, IS300, and accord I also test drove).. Does the manual transmission make the car that much quicker? What are the 0-60 times for the I-4 and V-6...

The manual V6 is about 3/4 to one second faster. Most times run around 6.8 or so.

One last question, the suspension wasnt exactly what I wanted. Does the sports package change the suspension? If so, what springs are on the Mazda6, I've heard they were made by Eibach, but is that true? If they're not Eibach, do they even make them for the car yet??

The sports package does not include any suspension upgrades. I don't know the brand of the springs. I highly doubt Eibach or anyone else is making any yet.

·
Registered
464 Posts

I believe someone posted that H&R and another company have springs for the car. Also when you compare to the IS-300, and BMW 3 series (cars i like a lot too) you have to also note that those cars can cost about $10,000 more than the 6.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Actually.. Looking at the 0-60 times for the BMW 325 and Lexus IS shows...

Lexus IS 5-speed: 6.8
BMW 325i 5-speed: 7.1

This is comparable to the mazda6 which would run mid ot high 6. The cars weight approximately the same and have the roughly the same output (Hp wise). It might be that the 325 and Lexus seem faster, but in reality move just as quick as the 6 does.

I wish the Sports package added some sort of stiffer suspension, but it doesn't. But what is weird is that mazda will offer an appearance package similar to the sports package... Which means that maybe once the appearance package is available as on option the Sports package might include the stiffer suspension, bigger calipers, etc? Just a hope :)

_Abs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts