Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a spin and decided to take a couple of pics, and thought I would share a couple.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I love the ride.Look snice with the mesh and the hood...I would agree with removing the door guards. but it's all personal preferance.

When I took my door guard off I figured it would be hard plastic but it was just flimsy rubber lol. I thaught about selling them but threw them in the trash instead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice! I like the yellow/black combo. Nice clean lines. I agree with the door guards also.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. I was thinking of taking off the door guards but I haven't seen one in person yet with them off and am unsure of the look. I am going to take the v6 off the side as soon as I get a minute.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love that last pic. Ypur car looks realy clean without the door guards. I have a small concern about taking them off. I had the car now for 2 1/2 years, will there be a spot that hasn't faded any and show up?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I love that last pic. Ypur car looks realy clean without the door guards. I have a small concern about taking them off. I had the car now for 2 1/2 years, will there be a spot that hasn't faded any and show up?
[/b]
NO, At the most you MIGHT need to wax teh area to make it gleam with the rest of the car. But i doubt even that is needed. All it left behind for me was a nice outline of dirt and a think outline from the sticky crap they use on it. I just spraied the area down with some Adhesive remover crap I got and it all came right off. Then washed the car. I took mine off over this past weekend.

It's so easy, specially if it's sunny out. I figured it would be somewhat a pain in the ass. Like removing the black tape around the windows. But it wasn't a pain even in the slightest. came right off. at first I was afraid it would take the paint off or be discolored under and I'd be screwd but I just kept thinking back to how many members here have done it with no problems and realized there was nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The following is my professional opinion:

Removing the door guards makes the doors look too tall and raises the visual center of gravity towards the windows.

NOT PLEASING TO THE SENSES! :nono:

And don't get me started on splitting the windows by removing the black vinyl. :swearin:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The following is my professional opinion:

Removing the door guards makes the doors look too tall and raises the visual center of gravity towards the windows.

NOT PLEASING TO THE SENSES! :nono:

And don't get me started on splitting the windows by removing the black vinyl. :swearin:
[/b]
I did both and I love the look. :nana:

·
Registered
424 Posts
The following is my professional opinion:[/b]
I agree with you on the lighter colored cars, but the darker colors look good w/o the door guards.

Also, what is your "profession"?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
damn, good looking pics! love the car too. and i agree that the door guards need to go. i believe joboy77 has his doorguards off, and his car is yellow, but current pics are not on his cardomain. you might hit him up and see if he has any recent pics...;)

personally i love my car without them...took me a long time to decide on it, but damn..i love it without em. ;)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing