Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 Mazda 6 and the a/c compressor stopped blowing cold air and now it's spitting out black rubber type stuff and I don't have the funds to buy a new one. I looked for a delete kit but they don't seem to make one. What options do I have ? I'm afraid it's going to lock up and mess my stuff up any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
which engine?

and what do you mean it is "spitting out black rubber type stuff"?

What tests have you carried out? Could be your clutch is faulty and compressor is okay..

search for a salvage yard near you. You can generally get a used OEM A/C compressor for about $40-125. That should solve your issue for now. I have seen it go for as low as $25.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which engine?

and what do you mean it is "spitting out black rubber type stuff"?

What tests have you carried out? Could be your clutch is faulty and compressor is okay..

search for a salvage yard near you. You can generally get a used OEM A/C compressor for about $40-125. That should solve your issue for now. I have seen it go for as low as $25.
It's the 2.5L and it looks to me like a rubber seal melted and it's coming out of the clutch on the compressor. Haven't ran any test not sure how to. It stopped blowing cold are then stated making a loud sort of clicking noise and then today I seen the black rubber type stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the 2.5L and it looks to me like a rubber seal melted and it's coming out of the clutch on the compressor. Haven't ran any test not sure how to. It stopped blowing cold are then stated making a loud sort of clicking noise and then today I seen the black rubber type stuff
And is there any other years that would fit on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts