Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
PLEASE if you have the bolt size, post it here. Same damn thing happened to me Saturday night! Couldn't figure out what the hell the rattling noise was until I shocked myself by looking under the hood.

My mechanic has the car now and said he would get a new compressor clutch kit ($$$$$) but if I can instruct him to get a new bolt and reattach that would save me a lot of cash.

'07 MSP6

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I still don't have a spec on the bolt.

I've seen this reported several times now on several different forums and some folks have reported being able to source a replacement bolt from both hardware store stock and parts store shelves (not by part number, but from a nuts & bolts section), but so far not a single one has been kind enough to post a spec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I got a very good phone call from my mechanic. He has a toolbox full of A/C tools, nuts and bolts and was able to find one to fit and fix er right on up!

I appreciate you digging around on this. I highly doubt there is a specific spec on the bolt, short of someone actually taking the measurements themselves after taking it out.

I have had many vehicles in my time and never have I seen anything like this happen before!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
Same thing has happened With my car, but the center bolt is missing..
Someone who knows the size/Dimension og this bolt?

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's a standard M6, 10mm hex head, threads 15 mm long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lost Bolt

Thanks guys, after reading this thread I went and checked my 6 and the bolt for the A/C clutch had spat out, and the clutch was resting on the inner body.

Now I am off to find a bolt and fix it.

Michael

21 - 28 of 28 Posts