Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
he probably dosent have a quality mic to pick up that kind of sound :/
Looks Great! you should turbo charge it :D
Hahaha, no turbos on this car unless it becomes my extra beater/experiment car someday! I will definitely be doing an ECU tune once available if reviews are good and no problems encountered from it. I'll eagerly await turbo MTX in my next Mazda come around 10 yrs from now, by then they should have plenty of 300HP + turbo V6's to offer!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
In preparation for the ECU tune thanks to @OrangeVirus Tuning , installed the K&N Typhoon SRI this evening. Can't say how easy this was, instructions were straight forward. I've spent more time and annoyance on X-mas eve putting together stuff for my girls hahaha. I also removed the rubber sealer from the hood on the drivers side right where it enters towards the filter, I think that combined with the separating wall the K&N kit comes with should give me pretty good fresh air into that section. Only the summer will tell.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
any improvements? Just bought the injen CAI just waiting for it to be installed.
I didn't purchase this for any immediate performance improvements. I did it knowing the ECU tune WILL take advantage of it. If you read throughout peoples reviews here you will find intakes (CAI & SRI) with the stock ECU provide minimal/hardly noticeable gains thanks to the constant monitoring and tweaking from the ECU. After driving around a bit last night after the install I would totally agree. Other than sounding better with WOT, I really noticed no difference in HP or torque (their claimed 5 WHP I don't think would be very noticeable anyways).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No updates in a while. Been busy and no time for any good photo shoots so this phone shot has to do for now haha. Since last post, I am basically finished with getting OV Tuned! The car is so much more rewarding to drive now, this is by far the best value upgrade for what you get imo. It was very easy (I've never tuned a car before and had zero problems throughout the process). I also had the car lowered a little more, but can go no further w/o rubbing (slightest rub on hard cornering in the front as is).

·
Registered
12 Posts
No updates in a while. Been busy and no time for any good photo shoots so this phone shot has to do for now haha. Since last post, I am basically finished with getting OV Tuned! The car is so much more rewarding to drive now, this is by far the best value upgrade for what you get imo. It was very easy (I've never tuned a car before and had zero problems throughout the process). I also had the car lowered a little more, but can go no further w/o rubbing (slightest rub on hard cornering in the front as is).
Is this last photo with the new 245/40 tires? I am about to buy Vossen CVTs for my 17 6 gt. I really love your set up. Thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts