Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Love my Grand Touring Reserve, no regrets here in terms of purchase. I echo the sentiments about getting a clear bra though.

Yep clear bra it if you care.

I drive ~75 each way to work. Hwy and city. I bought the car with 11,000 kms on it. It looked great, like new. 2,000 kms later it looked like it had a year of wear on it. To be fair there is a ton of construction happening on my route.

I put clear bra on after the first 2 weeks to mitigate any further damage. Wish I had done it right away like I did with the last car. Kind of wanted to see if it really made a difference though (it did...)
I recently spoke with a someone from a meetup group here in San Antonio. He bought a fully loaded custom Mercedes E Class, and he also complained about the sheer amount of rock chips and impacts on the front of his car.

My detailer just bought a brand new Subaru Impreza hatch, and after 2,000 miles she said she already had rock chips. She also told me that she had a brand new Volvo come in with 200 miles on it after getting blasted with rock chips by a rock construction truck.

I think this a general problem with modern paint, not really a Mazda problem. You'd think with all the innovations of modern cars that they would maybe put a 2-3x thicker clear coat or something on the front parts of the car. Every car has to deal with flying rocks sooner or later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The cost for having a clear bra and body parts covered isn’t cheaper or at least here in Houston if one of you wants to share the cost of getting your ride protected with the clear plastic film. ?

Let me add this I have gotten 34 mpg on our 2017.5 Mazda 6 which has 16k miles now my nephew has a 2019 Honda Civic Si and he gets 42.3 on the highway which is awesome so he gets what I get on the highway in the city on his ride. 🤔

We love our 6 the room is perfect for us and it’s fun driving zoom zoom. 🚘

·
Registered
649 Posts
The cost for having a clear bra and body parts covered isn’t cheaper or at least here in Houston if one of you wants to share the cost of getting your ride protected with the clear plastic film. ?

Let me add this I have gotten 34 mpg on our 2017.5 Mazda 6 which has 16k miles now my nephew has a 2019 Honda Civic Si and he gets 42.3 on the highway which is awesome so he gets what I get on the highway in the city on his ride. 🤔

We love our 6 the room is perfect for us and it’s fun driving zoom zoom. 🚘
I almost lost my breath after reading your post... perhaps some punctuation marks will help.

Kidding aside, the difference on the mpg might be because of driving style. And if I'm not mistaken, Honda is using CVT and I think that adds an advantage on the fuel consumption. I might be wrong so let's wait for our experts' opinion.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I almost lost my breath after reading your post... perhaps some punctuation marks will help.

Kidding aside, the difference on the mpg might be because of driving style. And if I'm not mistaken, Honda is using CVT and I think that adds an advantage on the fuel consumption. I might be wrong so let's wait for our experts' opinion.

Si only comes in with a manual option, so it could be they drive it easy...since it's only a 1.5L turbo, it could potentially due really well with fuel economy. That's my guess anyways.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Si only comes in with a manual option, so it could be they drive it easy...since it's only a 1.5L turbo, it could potentially due really well with fuel economy. That's my guess anyways.
Why is it that I automatically assumed that it's an automatic transmission?

Since it has a smaller engine and perhaps lighter in overall weight, it could not be compared with a mid-sized sedan with a bigger engine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts