Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 1994/1995 Miatas came standard with air. Looking to buy one, but seller claims it doesn't have AC. From what I can remember, it wasn't an option, but standard equipment.

Any info is great.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1994/1995 Miatas came standard with air. Looking to buy one, but seller claims it doesn't have AC. From what I can remember, it wasn't an option, but standard equipment.

Any info is great.
[/b]
I'm actually looking to get one too...A/C and Power Steering are NOT standard......ABS isn't either.

Miata.net

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting. I went to two sites and they listed them both as standard. guess I should have looked longer.

I want to autox it, but still want to have a car I can beat up on weekends. AC and PS are a must. What a stupid option.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
interesting. I went to two sites and they listed them both as standard. guess I should have looked longer.

I want to autox it, but still want to have a car I can beat up on weekends. AC and PS are a must. What a stupid option.

thanks for the info.
[/b]
Not exactly stupid, more for weight savings (for people that want to Auto-X)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Where are you located that you need A/C on a convertible?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm actually in Maryland so the heat isn't really the problem.

The real problem is that my father (in exchange for letting him use the car some weekends) will be paying for half of the mods and he's set on AC. Old people suck.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'm actually in Maryland so the heat isn't really the problem.

The real problem is that my father (in exchange for letting him use the car some weekends) will be paying for half of the mods and he's set on AC. Old people suck.
[/b]
Makes sense. Money talks. I would also state that if this were a daily driver, the A/C is more important. My Mom had a LeBaron convertible. and she sold it becuase she couldn't deal with it in rush hour traffic and hear w/o A/C. However, as a toy, it's normally not that big of a benefit. The A/C is inoperable on my RX-7 (very likely the very expensive climate board) and I don't consider it worth fixing.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Where are you located that you need A/C on a convertible?
[/b]
Out here in Ca. in the area I live, convertibles are nice for the mornings and late in the evenings. At the peak of summer it's not uncommon for the afternoons to be between 105-110 degrees. With the top down in traffic you can smell the flesh on your head cooking. A/C is a must around here if you want to enjoy driving.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Even up here in CT, during the summer we hit 100 degrees easily, and if you're not going you NEED A/C

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I think you have to decide if you want a fun car, or a autox/track car. If this is going to be a multiuser car, you should just go for a 99 sport, which will have all the options you want. A 99 sport is actually faster around a track then a new 06 stock miata. (stock vs stock with equivilant tires)

The reason everyone likes the 94 and 95 miata's is because you can get them without AIR and without PS, and these are GOOD THINGS TO NOT HAVE. They are also OBD-I (only one o2 sensor) and feature the 1.8 engines, larger brakes, and chassis reinforcement.

The manual steering miata's are utterly fantastic to drive, and losing both the ps pump and ac unit not only gives you significantly more room to work on engine components, but it also nets you power gains due to less rotational mass. (No AC/PS pulley's sucking engine power). Not to mention less hoses and things to leak.

Remember that powersteering is not really a big issue on a car that weighs 2200 lbs. The only time you'll really exert any effort is backing out of a parking spot....and even then the effort is pretty minor at best.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I think you have to decide if you want a fun car, or a autox/track car. If this is going to be a multiuser car, you should just go for a 99 sport, which will have all the options you want. A 99 sport is actually faster around a track then a new 06 stock miata. (stock vs stock with equivilant tires)

The reason everyone likes the 94 and 95 miata's is because you can get them without AIR and without PS, and these are GOOD THINGS TO NOT HAVE. They are also OBD-I (only one o2 sensor) and feature the 1.8 engines, larger brakes, and chassis reinforcement.

The manual steering miata's are utterly fantastic to drive, and losing both the ps pump and ac unit not only gives you significantly more room to work on engine components, but it also nets you power gains due to less rotational mass. (No AC/PS pulley's sucking engine power). Not to mention less hoses and things to leak.

Remember that powersteering is not really a big issue on a car that weighs 2200 lbs. The only time you'll really exert any effort is backing out of a parking spot....and even then the effort is pretty minor at best.
[/b]
Excellent point, but I can't help but notice that your wisdom sure reminds me of another member from Md......Stretch, is it???? hhmmm, you two must be friends!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing