Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to just tell someone about this story...
I found a '94 RX7 with twin turbos on it the other day online. They want 3k for it, aparantly had some change in their life views, and just want to donate it to a charity. This is exactly the car i've been looking for, for quite some time (still love my 6s)
they are pushing to sell it quickly, and I'm owed 3k from many people I owe, driving me nuts. Don't ever borrow money unless you don't want it back. I've been scrambling to find the money for this sexy beast for the past few days with everyone falling through...figures. So yeah, just venting anger right now and sadness.

Post thoughts :)

btw I'll post pictures tonight after work

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'd have to be able to see it in person before doing anything about it, I would never be able to buy a car before driving it...supposedly its local. We'll see :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
ive actually seen scams just like this on other certain types of cars that younger kids are usually attracted to. no offense to you but just make sure u check it out, run a carfax and make sure it has the same name as theres

·
Registered
884 Posts
haha thats funny I just saw a 87 supra in the paper that has 107k miles on it for 5k that looks pretty clean. Boy would I love to pick that up and just have it to work on. Good luck picking it up if it turns out legit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sob story, hmmm sounds familiar...

"I'm from New York, US and the car is there in my garage.Currently I'm
>in UK where I'm staying with my son and his wife.My son had a heart
>attack and needs a triple bypass,and this is why I decided to move here
>with my wife to help his wife to take care of him.He may not make it
>after operation so I have to stay here.I want to sell the car because I
>don't want it here.If you are really interested to buy the car(the
>total price is $4000,this price includes shipping and insurance),I will
>come back in US no longer than two days,so we be able to close the
>deal.So if you are serious intrested please let me know,we will discuse
>the payment options and may be we can get to a deal!
>Waiting for your reply.
>Have a nice day."

(I received this email after inquiring about a really good deal on a car a couple of years ago. Once I said that I wanted to see the car before any money changed hands, I stopped receiving emails. Surprise surprise.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah exactly, thats what happened to me.
how could people be willing to pay for a car they never saw in real life, much less turned the key in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea that seems to be a very common scam. I've seen it around a lot...some sad story, want to get rid of the car but its not with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
jmackz3
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing