Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's been tough. It's so much wax on this car, it doesnt look too bad after it rains, especially if I drive through it. I'll just have spots on the trunk since this car is so aerodynamic. The quick 5 min showers is what spots the car up. But I keep detailer in the truck and will normally go out and wipe it down if im at work, lol.

Go my JDM overhead console in the mail yesterday and some paint repair that I apparently ordered from Russia. Can anyone translate Japanese? It came with a harness and I dont see where to connect it on the console. I'm thinking I may just wire the light to the rearview mirror or the constant power from the sunroof harness if it doesnt automatically come on when plugged in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What is the difference between the USDM and JDM overhead console?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Something said to check the cabin filter.

Yuck.

I guess it hasnt been changed, ever?

Ordered one from amazon.

And I found the bluetooth wire is black w/yellow stripe. So I'll try to get that wired in when I pull the radio back out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
New "carbon activated" cabin filter. Let's see if I can tell a difference.

There was no sour smell, and did not seem to have any reduced air flow from the old cabin filter, believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I picked up some of the strike covers for my 3 right after I bought it. Stupid cheap and really does the job hiding what is kind of an eyesore on a dark blue car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Do they just snap on? Also could you provide a link?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Hey man, car looks pretty good. I picked up the JDM overhead console some time ago as well. I ran my harness along the headliner, down the passenger side a-pillar, and spliced it into the glove box light. This was on a 2016. The overhead light comes on whenever the parking lights are, which is also when the headlights are on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went the expensive route and imported a Japanese brand, compared to the ones from the OP these have no visible logos and have better quality plastics, and yes, they ship to the US, as a gift they gave me two sets of Mazda 3 pre 17 face lift MZD screen protectors (works for CX3 and MX5 too). Which I still have with me.

Door Check arm cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00SD95JKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ALbkBbKDPSPP7

Striker cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01K1RQ5KU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cObkBbBF06E9K

They also carry MZD screen protectors:

Make sure you select TYPE 02, and they are for 16-17 models with the 7inch display, also works for the 2017 Mazda 3 with the updated dash top.

I didn't read into product details, but Type 03 is for the CX-8 and 2017+ CX-5

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078WNB9WP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.QbkBb3H972ZM

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I picked up some of the strike covers for my 3 right after I bought it. Stupid cheap and really does the job hiding what is kind of an eyesore on a dark blue car.

They work wonders and do the job nicely, for cheap.
Do they just snap on? Also could you provide a link?

Thank you

They do. I found them on FleaBay while I was searching for splash guards for the 3.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/4-High-Quality-Plastic-Car-Door-Striker-Lock-Antirust-Case-Cover-For-Mazda-6-MX5-/192218998092

Yep. eBay. Took about 3 weeks.
Thanks. So overall good quality. No rattling or buzzing from them?

No noise. Quiet. Wouldn't even notice they were added.
Hey man, car looks pretty good. I picked up the JDM overhead console some time ago as well. I ran my harness along the headliner, down the passenger side a-pillar, and spliced it into the glove box light. This was on a 2016. The overhead light comes on whenever the parking lights are, which is also when the headlights are on.
I cant wait until I install mine. Sometime this week and I will run it to the glovebox light as well since it is only on with the headlights.
They're a softer plastic and snap in pretty tightly. Haven't heard a peep out of them.

I went the expensive route and imported a Japanese brand, compared to the ones from the OP these have no visible logos and have better quality plastics, and yes, they ship to the US, as a gift they gave me two sets of Mazda 3 pre 17 face lift MZD screen protectors (works for CX3 and MX5 too). Which I still have with me.

Door Check arm cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00SD95JKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ALbkBbKDPSPP7

Striker cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01K1RQ5KU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cObkBbBF06E9K

They also carry MZD screen protectors:

Make sure you select TYPE 02, and they are for 16-17 models with the 7inch display, also works for the 2017 Mazda 3 with the updated dash top.

I didn't read into product details, but Type 03 is for the CX-8 and 2017+ CX-5

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078WNB9WP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.QbkBb3H972ZM
Nice work. Car has come along nicely. Congrats on a sharp ride customized the way you want it.

I'd bet there will be a bunch of folks that will follow along with a bunch of your mods.
Maybe, maybe not lol. Thanks! I really like OEM+ styling.

Anywho, these arrived today, about 90 days after the fact. I still want to get the inside sill covers as well. But they are expensive

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
JDM Console installed and door sills.

I'm a happy camper today.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Subwoofer setup finally secure. The kicker 700.5 crapped out, so I put the PPI 900.5 in. I'm thinking of buying a Pioneer D9601and call it a day. The PPI doesnt punch gard enough for me and I have a D9601 in my Yukon on a DC Audio Stage 2 12 and it PUNCHES.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Mudflaps have arrived

Edit: that took a whopping 16 mins to install. Looks dam good. Used the OEM push tabs for the front for a cleaner install

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
More parts from Japan. I ordered these on 22May. Started to get worried.

I cant wait to see how they look tonight. Im worried they may be a little "rice." They were $16, so not a terrible waste.

Edit: I thought it was going to say Mazda or Mazda 6. Sigh. I see if I keep them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Did some work this morning. Feels and looks better

[/IMG]

41 - 60 of 201 Posts