Mazda 6 Forums banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Maxie back on the ground.

MV Tuning front splitter replacement arrived, painted and installed.

Trunk looks better.

Fog DRL’s installed.

3H height sensors installed.

Tensioner and belts replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Sway bar mounted height sensor did not work in my favor. Neither did my 2nd attempt of putting in on the LCA as is contacted the sway bar upon compression. So attempt #3 is underway for the 2nd spot on the LCA and I think it should work, lol.

The rear, however, works perfect and as it should. I couldn’t find anyone who has done the height sensor upgrade on a 3rd gen so it’s all trial and error.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
This should work better, lol. 3rd times the charm I guess

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Maxie is on the ground. Height sensor calibration passed! Now my driver side window or rear view mirrors are not functioning. So time to troubleshoot that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Its too low, the car thinks the windows are open :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Lol. I wish it was that simple. I have the battery unhooked right now to see if “resets” what is wrong. Doubtful, but hopeful.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I grew up in the late 80’s where all through the kid 90’s it was neon colors, and splatter paint galore. So I figured, before I got the 95’s sandblasted, let’s have some fun and do a test run. I think it came out very well and I even did the aero bars as a accent piece. Each center cap and valve cap has its on base color to add to the 80’s / 90’s neon splatter paint vibe.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Gloomy day

for St Patty’s Day

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

·
Registered
14 Posts
New wheels.

MRR MR3.

Front: 20x8.5 +35
Rear: 20x9.5 +35

Tires: 245/35/20

My 1st set of chrome wheels, ever. I don’t care for chrome at all. I wanted the silver versions, but these were a great deal. I will prob ride them for a while and trade them off in the summer.

I also wish I would have went with a 225 in the front. I hate that I have absolutely no stretch.

I loved the look of those DF5's on your 6. Been looking for wheels similar to them, did you sell them? Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I loved the look of those DF5's on your 6. Been looking for wheels similar to them, did you sell them? Thanks
I sold them to a guy with a mustang and I wish I never sold them bc I can’t find another set. I loved those wheels.

They are Vossen knock offs and I think ESR makes a set similar but they are not as concave.

I will probably end up with another set of them, or another set of he HR3’s. But I’m content with the Style 95 wheels for now.

Reactions: Slloyd4187

·
Registered
14 Posts
For real, I’ve been looking for a while now and can’t find anything! Yeah that concaved look is what I’m wanting, made the 6 look hella aggressive.

Your ride is pretty bad ass tho, I just started playing with some modifications on mine. Gonna be installing lowering springs tomorrow. When you ran the CS springs, did you change out the struts too or just have those springs on alone?.. I love that stance it has with those DF5s, hoping to have it close to that level.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
For real, I’ve been looking for a while now and can’t find anything! Yeah that concaved look is what I’m wanting, made the 6 look hella aggressive.

Your ride is pretty bad ass tho, I just started playing with some modifications on mine. Gonna be installing lowering springs tomorrow. When you ran the CS springs, did you change out the struts too or just have those springs on alone?.. I love that stance it has with those DF5s, hoping to have it close to that level.
My car had 70k on it when I did the CS springs, so I switched out the struts for KYB GR2’s. They were good for about 40k then the fronts started to loose their dampening on sudden quick bumps.

Reactions: Slloyd4187

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I just finished reading, again, from page one.

It's fun to see the development of your modifications to your car. And I found a local store that sells hood struts. I haven't looked at the louvers but I think they also have that.

281 - 296 of 296 Posts