Mazda 6 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Maxie liked good, even though I lost the MVT front splitter on the 250 mile trip there. They are shipping me another as we speak.

I saw a lot of inspiration and idea for my trunk setup. I like being functional, but also looking good, so I have some ideas tossing around in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Had a interesting time last night. Back on stocks for now.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I've always wondered how a bolt can end up in a tire. I remember several months ago, I had the right rear tire patched. When I went home that day, I had to go back to the shop for another patch job on the same tire!

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
237 Posts
Had a interesting time last night. Back on stocks for now.
Holy crap, that sucks, how does something like that happen... Do you know where it happened? (or did it drive for a while before going flat?)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Hory SHIT!!!
Tell me about it. I thought it was going to be a stubby bolt.

I've always wondered how a bolt can end up in a tire. I remember several months ago, I had the right rear tire patched. When I went home that day, I had to go back to the shop for another patch job on the same tire!
All I can think is that the front tire must have kicked up up at a 45 degree angle and the rest was history. And guess what? Right rear tire, lol.

Holy crap, that sucks, how does something like that happen... Do you know where it happened? (or did it drive for a while before going flat?)
I know exactly when it happened bc I thought that a A-Arm bolt or strut bolt had came a loose in the rear. It was a horrific sound and I could feel it in the car on every rotation. I started to think “did I torque everything down last time I worked on my car?”

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Upon further research, the wheel is damaged. So let’s see if it can be repaired or if I will have to source one wheel and get it redrilled.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Working on Maxie today.

DS Axle.
Swap D2 racing air struts to Airlift.
Airlift 3H height sensor upgrade. ( probably tmrw)

I have a whole list of stuff to get done this week.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Are you using adaptors to your jack stands like this?

No I’m not. Never knew they existed. Never had an issue in 17 years of Mazda ownership, lol.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Can you take a picture on how you fix the jack stands? I'm somehow worried that the metal part that is intended for the scissor jack will bend if I were to put the jack stands.

Reactions: Archerfish

·
Super Moderator
17,847 Posts
@Archerfish not to threadjack here but I run something similar to those now that my stands are older and some of the paint is gone off them. Don't need rust spreading if I can help it. Cheap but effective. For the jack, the hockey-puck method works great too!

@93blkongreenpro keep it up man! Been fun watching your story on here.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
@Archerfish not to threadjack here but I run something similar to those now that my stands are older and some of the paint is gone off them. Don't need rust spreading if I can help it. Cheap but effective. For the jack, the hockey-puck method works great too!

@93blkongreenpro keep it up man! Been fun watching your story on here.
Can you explain further? A Google search gave this and it doesn't make sense to me:

"hockey puck - a vulcanized rubber disk 3 inches in diameter that is used instead of a ball in ice hockey"

·
Super Moderator
17,847 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Got the trunk squared away for the most part. Looks cleaner than before.

Top: before
Bottom: after

Reactions: kufliclicks
261 - 280 of 291 Posts