Mazda 6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Thank you! You made it easier for my wallet to become thinner.
Anytime! I love to help people spend their money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Ordered, received, painted and installed my MV Tuning Front and Side Splitters. Cleans up the car a lot from the ebay front splitter and the universal side splitter.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Adjusted the front struts down 1.1” so that when air’d put it ticks the front lip a little. Moved the 9.5” to the front with a 225/35 tomorrow in preparations figuring out specs to rebuild the 8.5” to 10 or 10.5. Also set the new ride height, went up 5 clicks on all of the strut dampening and got an alignment.

Last week I picked up a set of BMW Style 95’s that I will be getting redrilled next month to run as winter wheels. They are 19x9 and 19x10 +24 so they should fit rather nicely.

Other than that, just been driving the car .

·
Super Moderator
17,439 Posts
How are you gonna do the wheels? BMWs run a 120mm spacing.
He said he was gonna re-drill them - I've never heard of changing the bolt pattern but I'm curious to find out.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,439 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
How are you gonna do the wheels? BMWs run a 120mm spacing.
He said he was gonna re-drill them - I've never heard of changing the bolt pattern but I'm curious to find out.
I am having the wheels redrilled from 5x120 to 5x114.3. Its common practice. They call it fill and drill.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
The local track had $5 race all night yesterday so I said why not. Had fun and got two Win’s. Both had ran faster previously, but that’s apart of racing.

A 2015 Touring ran 10.583 last month but he car weighed in 300lbs lighter. So next month I will put the oem wheels on and go back.

On paper, the touring is 200 pds lighter than the GT and my air ride and 3 pc wheels add right to it as well.

Car weighed in at 3470 with a little less than half a tank.

Not fast by any means, but it was fun.

·
Super Moderator
17,439 Posts
I am having the wheels redrilled from 5x120 to 5x114.3. Its common practice. They call it fill and drill.
I've honestly never heard of that before and, coming from a land of potholes, it scares the crap out of me because it must reduce the overall resiliency of the rims.

The local track had $5 race all night yesterday so I said why not. Had fun and got two Win’s. Both had ran faster previously, but that’s apart of racing.

A 2015 Touring ran 10.583 last month but he car weighed in 300lbs lighter. So next month I will put the oem wheels on and go back.

On paper, the touring is 200 pds lighter than the GT and my air ride and 3 pc wheels add right to it as well.

Car weighed in at 3470 with a little less than half a tank.

Not fast by any means, but it was fun.

For a split-second I was like "Holy crap, a 6 did a 10-second 1/4?!?!?!" then I saw the slips lol. Glad you had fun!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I've honestly never heard of that before and, coming from a land of potholes, it scares the crap out of me because it must reduce the overall resiliency of the rims.

For a split-second I was like "Holy crap, a 6 did a 10-second 1/4?!?!?!" then I saw the slips lol. Glad you had fun!
I’ve never seen a redrill from a reputable shop fail. I trust redrills 10:1 to wheel adapters.

The shop it’s going to specialized in building multi- piece wheels, which is the most common for being redrilled.

I’ve seen many style 95’s redrilled and you can’t even tell. The lug nuts just looks a little off center. I got these for cheap and even with the redrill, they will be cheaper than finding a decent oem set and I can sell them still for a profit, especially because of the redrill so it’s a win win.

So if you ever find a set of wheels that are not the correct wheel pattern and you don’t want to run wheel adapters, redrilling from a reputable shop is the answer.

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Super Moderator
17,439 Posts
I trust redrills 10:1 to wheel adapters.

So if you ever find a set of wheels that are not the correct wheel pattern and you don’t want to run wheel adapters, redrilling from a reputable shop is the answer.
This I get, but I still wouldn't go through the bother because one bad pothole up here and your rim could shatter from that lessened structural integrity. Or i could just be being paranoid lol.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
This I get, but I still wouldn't go through the bother because one bad pothole up here and your rim could shatter from that lessened structural integrity. Or i could just be being paranoid lol.
A little of both, lol

Ive never heard of it either and looking it up wasnt in the results, just the redrilling vid i posted.
I’ve never heard of redrilling the hubs. That sounds like a terrible way to do it.

What spoiler is that?
Sunrise Tuning off of eBay via Russia.

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Removed the little lower aero pieces bc they were scrapping the ground for the last 2 weeks or so. Let’s see if the under tray scrapes now.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Just a few shots from before and after Cars and Coffee Morrisville,NC this pass Saturday.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts